The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I'm not counting or anything but conference championship losses in the last 10 years
Packers 4
Brewers 2
Bucks 1

Better than being a Lions fan at least.
Almost anything is better than being a Lions fan.
But hey, they're actually full-on rebuilding now for sure with Staffy asking for a trade and an all new office and coaching staff.

So the Pro Bowl is cancelled and will be instead be a game of AFC vs. NFC Madden streamed on NFL twitch, youtube, and eventually NFL Network later that night....weird

AFC and NFC squads will feature disgruntled Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry, former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson, and music icon Snoop Dogg representing the AFC. Meanwhile, Arizona Cardinals signal-caller Kyler Murray, Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams, former Seattle ball-carrier Marshawn Lynch and NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace will play as the NFC.

So the Pro Bowl is cancelled and will be instead be a game of AFC vs. NFC Madden streamed on NFL twitch, youtube, and eventually NFL Network later that night....weird

AFC and NFC squads will feature disgruntled Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry, former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson, and music icon Snoop Dogg representing the AFC. Meanwhile, Arizona Cardinals signal-caller Kyler Murray, Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams, former Seattle ball-carrier Marshawn Lynch and NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace will play as the NFC.
I don’t normally watch the Pro Bowl so for me this sounds great as I am not gonna watch this either.

I figured they would cancel the probowl, and I agree with this move. It's absolutely stupid for them to expose players unnecessarily to Covid.

Yeah, this is a deal for the future while still fielding a starting QB. Not the worst, and nice to see something aggressive from the new GM. Dude just got hired like yesterday.
Now they can look at the next couple drafts for the new QB instead of just this coming draft, give s a little flexibility. But, as a lifelong Lions fan, I have tempered enthusiasm. I've been hurt before.

Yeah, this is a deal for the future while still fielding a starting QB. Not the worst, and nice to see something aggressive from the new GM. Dude just got hired like yesterday.
Now they can look at the next couple drafts for the new QB instead of just this coming draft, give s a little flexibility. But, as a lifelong Lions fan, I have tempered enthusiasm. I've been hurt before.
I have seen a few suggest that The Lions might try to flip Goff now to another QB needy team for even more picks. If they do that, I'd be impressed.

Maybe Detroit tries to turn this around plus more for Watson? Maybe Houston would be interested in one of the top 4 QBs if they're still there to draft at 7.
That would be an amazing coup. I still think Watson is gonna end up in Carolina though but based of what LA just gave up for Stafford Watson is gonna cost like a half decades worth of 1st round draft picks.

Back