The Feeling Fyne Speaker Thread

Slimwhit33

Spent the last 7 days testing out a new amplifier, and in the end I decided the EVO400 just wasn’t an upgrade to the Luxman. Used both the Spendor 3/1’s and the Forte III’s. Decided to keep the Luxman and move the Fortes.

After having no takers here, I traded the Forte III’s in to my dealer today and got a pair of Fyne F500SP and some cash in my pocket.

I’ve seen these and listened to them at the shop and really liked them, but will be interested to see how they sound in my room.

They are absolutely beautiful and perfectly built. The Glossy Walnut finish is stunning. See specs below:
6B402E36-1DE7-469A-8C84-2F2652FE01C3.png

These are built in Scotland by former Tannoy folks and have some nice write ups. See below.

Just turned them on and am watching football while they warm up. Look forward to seeing how they sound in my small room with the Luxman.
382914DE-97F9-4512-96B1-2613D6146A10.jpeg5E9AD40F-1A55-4A62-A03C-E604ADA62620.jpeg35FE4FF1-A10A-41C0-8501-6D17597C0AD0.jpeg

More to come…

The Classic Series speakers are stunning, in a very Tannoy like way which to me is a plus.

Yeah there’s a definite lineage and engineering similarity there which I suppose is to be expected given they were set up by Tannoy engineers branching out on their own! What I white like about the Classics is that while they definitely are reminiscent of the Tannoy heritage they have a more mid century bent to their design which would probably make them fit that bit more seamlessly into most decors.

Last edited:
I am really enjoying these so far. Listening to a bunch of jazz this morning. Soundstage presentation and instrument placement is awesome. Bass notes are deep. Highs are detailed with no harshness. Early impressions favorable. Not the most exciting speaker like the Fortes were, but not far off from the Spendors. The concentric driver is a bit of a different presentation, not sure yet how to describe it. 7E981A5A-1476-4406-B352-B06C2C6F824C.jpeg87AF38AE-BC24-41DB-B14D-282722FBBBCD.jpeg

Last edited:
So... a few things going on with the Fynes..

First, these were a floor model and I gave them a look over at the shop, but after having them home for a day I noticed a ding in one of the front edges. In normal light it’s almost impossible to see. DF48EF0E-048C-467D-943A-6DACD81D075A.jpeg
But with a light shone on it it’s easily seen. 46F8F79B-3655-4B3A-B2EE-760DE29FEA46.jpeg

Reached out to the dealer to see if he could get me a new pair, and he was checking on it.

In the meantime, I mentioned to the wife that I was going to have to return this pair, and before I could say “for a new pair” she had spurted out “thank god”. Turns out she is not a fan of the aesthetic with the grills off “too flashy” and I hate the way they look with the grilles on.

I actually like the way they sound. They throw out some nice bass, and aren't harsh up top, They throw out a convincing soundstage. They are a bit mellow, maybe not overly dynamic.

Overall, They do a lot of things great, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend that someone give them an audition.

These will be going back and I’ll be reacquainting myself with a pair of Heresy’s. IV’s this time.

Last edited:
So... a few things going on with the Fynes..

First, these were a floor model and I gave them a look over at the shop, but after having them home for a day I noticed a ding in one of the front edges. In normal light it’s almost impossible to see. View attachment 161955
But with a light shone on it it’s easily seen. View attachment 161956

Reached out to the dealer to see if he could get me a new pair, and he was checking on it.

In the meantime, I mentioned to the wife that I was going to have to return this pair, and before I could say “for a new pair” she had spurted out “thank god”. Turns out she is not a fan of the aesthetic with the grills off “too flashy” and I hate the way they look with the grilles on.

I actually like the way they sound. They throw out some nice bass, and aren't harsh up top, They throw out a convincing soundstage. They are a bit mellow, maybe not overly dynamic.

Overall, They do a lot of things great, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend that someone give them an audition.

These will be going back and I’ll be reacquainting myself with a pair of Heresy’s. IV’s this time.

They’re beautiful but I can get that everyone wouldn’t love the high gloss effect. While I appreciate it I’d definitely prefer something more Matt in my own living space. That also sounds exactly like the sound signature I prefer, one day if I win the lottery I’ll look at some from their classics range…

This is really just a WAF situation.. I try to keep her happy and involved and she's a pretty visual human. No point knowing that every time she's listening she's hating the way they look. I would have kept them for a while otherwise as they are an intriguing listen.

Back