The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

Anyone thinking of going to Pasadena Daydream? I guess it's the US equivalent of the Meltdown fest Robert Smith curated last year.

Anyone thinking of going to Pasadena Daydream? I guess it's the US equivalent of the Meltdown fest Robert Smith curated last year.
I had been thinking of flying out but it’s probably not going to happen. :(

The mother-in-law was over last night so it felt like a blessing that this was on at the same time. It was pretty much amazing. Robert's voice had no sign aging to my ears and sounded golden, just like it always has.

They must have changed up their set as I read a review from the first night where they opened with the album in full and finished off with B-sides and Demos and it took the sheen off of it for anyone there that didn't know the rarities. The reviewer going as far as to say they almost destroyed the night with their self-indulgence. But not last night.

So, I’m going to see The Cure later on this year, and I really don’t know much of their stuff (the support bands are amazing, so I couldn’t pass it up). Where should I start? I have the early singles collection, but nothing else.

So, I’m going to see The Cure later on this year, and I really don’t know much of their stuff (the support bands are amazing, so I couldn’t pass it up). Where should I start? I have the early singles collection, but nothing else.
They will probably play a lot off Disintegration, plus it's their best album. After that I would say Kiss Me then Wish, seeing as you already have the early singles.

1st Time on this thread.

My buddy inexplicably came out with "you know I never really got into the Cure."
His excuse: "All the goth kids in high school were like "CURE!" and I was like "St. Steven with a Rose...".
Yeah he's a hardcore Dead fan.

SO AAAAAANYWAAAYYY...I'm putting little playlist together to set this travesty right.
I have my own ideas, but I'm curious what deep cuts the die hard Cure fans think MUST be on this list?

Any thoughts?

1st Time on this thread.

My buddy inexplicably came out with "you know I never really got into the Cure."
His excuse: "All the goth kids in high school were like "CURE!" and I was like "St. Steven with a Rose...".
Yeah he's a hardcore Dead fan.

SO AAAAAANYWAAAYYY...I'm putting little playlist together to set this travesty right.
I have my own ideas, but I'm curious what deep cuts the die hard Cure fans think MUST be on this list?

Any thoughts?
Hmm are you sure your friend really needs deep cuts? Just tell him to listen to Disintegration and the Standing on a Beach compilation. If nothing jumps at him, then maybe he should stick to the Dead.

(Fwiw I consider myself a big Cure fan and I’ve never liked the Dead.)

Last edited:
Back