The Blue Note Thread

Looks like See No Evil is out of stock again. Good. I don't want to even be tempted to support MMJ.
I believe that’s for a later date.
All ten titles were put up today, but only two were released—Moanin’ and Blue Train.

And alright guys, I’ll let you guys know if I pull the trigger...
I do have $30 sitting in PayPal. 🤔

And here’s a bullshit response on FB to someone about why they’re $75:
Hi Jason, There are two reasons for the price increase. The main one is that each of these titles were sold at $74.95 on standard vinyl before they went out of stock.

We didn't want to undercut our loyal customers by coming out at a lower price.

Now, it would be easy to say "that's nice but MMJ still profits." However, the vinyl costs for the SRX continue to be exceedingly high as it's hard to work with, so our costs have gone up this round.

This is definitely a premium luxury product, but we do feel like the pricing is competitive with comparable (SuperVinyl) offerings.

Hi Jason, There are two reasons for the price increase. The main one is that each of these titles were sold at $74.95 on standard vinyl before they went out of stock.

Now, it would be easy to say "that's nice but MMJ still profits." However, the vinyl costs for the SRX continue to be exceedingly high as it's hard to work with, so our costs have gone up this round.

This is definitely a premium luxury product, but we do feel like the pricing is competitive with comparable (SuperVinyl) offerings.
They weren’t $75 until they jacked their prices. “People will buy them no matter how expensive they are” is what they should have said.

They're a crap company and IMO represent some of the worst parts about current vinyl collecting, which is hypocritical of a company called "Music Matters". I got in debate with John dark, who helps manage MMJ about why they've inflated prices so much over the years and based on quantity and this was the cringe-worthy answer he gave me.

MMJ.jpg

Last edited:
I was tempted for a second, but nah. I might get See No Evil and Midnight Blue (have a decent press already but I love that record and want something perfect) but maybe not. I have a fine Blue Train copy (not in love with the session anyway) and a nice early copy of Moanin'. So forget it.

Back