The 33 1/3 thread.... (the book series)

for reference

I am almost finished with this book but this is a VERY good read. I was only really a casual fan of this album and Slint in general. It's one of those albums that every indie kid has to listen to. But I really only listened to it a couple of times over 10 years ago. I knew next to nothing about them and I had no idea they were barely out of high school when recording Spiderland. I hadn't even listened to Tweez all those years ago, only Spiderland. But it's given me a newfound appreciation for how radical and how different the music Slint was making way before anyone was doing anything close to what they were doing. True pioneers for about 3 different genres with this one album.

Last edited:
30% off at Bloomsbury if you're looking for some 33 1/3 books...

I grabbed The Pogues, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, John Prine, Slayer, MC5, Sly & The Family Stone and Krautrock from the GENRE series (which doesn't show up in the 33 1/3 search linked above, for some weird reason) - pretty stoked!

I grabbed The Pogues, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, John Prine, Slayer, MC5, Sly & The Family Stone and Krautrock from the GENRE series (which doesn't show up in the 33 1/3 search linked above, for some weird reason) - pretty stoked!
genre doesn't show because it's not bloomsbury it's continuum. also that slayer book is great and there is a companion piece called 66 2/3 about the rest of their career, by the same author

Back