The 2023 Record Store Day Help Thread For Those Mourning Taylor Swift's Breakup

I’ve seen several record stores, including two well regarded local ones, price records at flipper levels on Discogs. And I don’t even mean the high MSRP plus 20% ( which to your point has been a lot more common too) but more like 2x+.
yeah, it was so prevalent that I was (pleasantly) surprised when I got to my local and a lot of stuff was cheaper than the prices I’d seen online.

Agreed. And with that said, pretty much everything recognizable is sold out at retail everywhere you look and ridiculously priced everywhere on the secondary market.

Example - Warren Zevon - The Wind.

This is a RSD First, not a super limited one time only record, on black vinyl, not the pretty little colors with a number on the jacket to make you feel special, and a single LP that was priced $33+ everywhere I saw it listed. Now they're all pretty much high $90s if not triple digits on Ebay and Discogs. It's just nuts.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have any emotional attachment to the music and the physical media and I could just coldly sell my entire collection while market pricing is so ridiculously overblown.

But emotion - that's where the music gets you and that's what makes it the best. And records - that's where the industry gets you and that's what makes owning the music like heroin.
I'm honestly shocked when a place needs to sell at MSRP. We have a couple locals that even on regular days don't feel the need to sell at MSRP. Really happy to frequent those stores. It is "suggested" after all.

@Mather —up in about 15 min

Thanks friend, I'm actually sorted on this one @avecigrec grabbed a copy for me from within our borders, thus saving a tiny amount on shipping versus Europe.

@Corycm
I placed an order for The Donnas on Rough Trade UK, let's see if it actually ships.
Site is very unstable, so who knows of they actually have it stock.

Definitely part of the reason I'm not making any purchases out of curiosity is the prices. Why take a risk on some 40 or 50 dollar record?

There is little risk on the Wilco Release.
Is a very satisfying Frankenstein of YHF made up of unreleased alternate versions and live recordings.

The Bluegrass x Summerteeth-Era-Rock version of War on War is great.

If you Like Wilco and can find it at face value - I recommend.

There is little risk on the Wilco Release.
Is a very satisfying Frankenstein of YHF made up of unreleased alternate versions and live recordings.

The Bluegrass x Summerteeth-Era-Rock version of War on War is great.

If you Like Wilco and can find it at face value - I recommend.

I was just about to post about this one, because I've been looking for it without success. Is the material on this release included on any of the recent box sets they put out?

I was just about to post about this one, because I've been looking for it without success. Is the material on this release included on any of the recent box sets they put out?
I believe there are a few duplicate tracks from the box set, at least one from the rarities comp, and a few previously unreleased tracks.

You know what would be awesome? This being available stateside. This album definitely deserves a wider release!

Normally I have no problem finding my want list and at near retail prices, but this year things seem much more difficult. Would appreciate help on any of the items below, especially the MMW.

MMW Jungle In Here 848064015116

Sigur Ros Kveikur 5054197340451

Stevie Nicks Bella Donna Live 081227879600

Wilco Crosseyed Strangers 075597907308

Nuggets Boxset 603497838332

Black Keys Beachland

Which, if any, have you crossed off your list? Did you get the MMW?

I thought I got them all (and some more) but during the course of the last 24 hours I’ve received emails saying that stores had oversold their allocations, so I’m back looking for the MMW and the Jazz Dispensary comp at reasonable prices.

Whirred. I should have some possible MMW links. What's the Jazz Dispensary comp? The Hotel Jolie Dame?

Messaged you

Last edited:
Back