Texas

WELCOME!
SATX is growing in all aspects, let us know if you need any recs!
Right on. Luckily, I'm going there for work so I'm secure in that area and I have two really good friends there (one who is in my career field).

I was gonna go out there having bought a house but given current interests rates (and comparing to my current 2.25% - golden parachute, amirite?), I'm gonna rent a house for the first 6mos-1yr hoping that 2024 rates get better. Plus, it will be easier to look once I'm actually there and get a feel of where I want to set anchor.

I'll be making my move to SA in the next month or so. Before I get there...

What are some of the key record shops?

Tips for RSD? I haven't actually done RSD the last few go arounds (interest in it has largely waned and I'm mostly cynical about it plus anything I've been interested in has been east enough to grab after the rush); but just in case it's good to know the better shops for RSD.

Non-record related...any SA "survival" tips? Any shibboleths or must knows that will help me acclimate, assimilate, and not be (or at least not seem like) an outsider quicker?

Hogwild and Southtown are the ones I’ve been to but a new one called Pink Zeppelin opened up that looks cool.

Whether you believe it or not just say Austin sucks and everything we do is better and you’ll be fine. More often than not it’s true anyway especially breakfast tacos.

Beware of the southside there are packs of feral dogs, the donkey lady and ghost children who push your car off train tracks.

Last edited:
Back