Television

Halo

Poop or average ?

Poop ...I think

💩

I couldn't be bothered to finish the season.
I kept rewatching episode one trying to get back into it but never made it past episode two. I probably will try again at some point one day when I'm working and just have it on in the background to see if it gets any better.

I kept rewatching episode one trying to get back into it but never made it past episode two. I probably will try again at some point one day when I'm working and just have it on in the background to see if it gets any better.

I got to five. I wouldn't worry about it.

Three episodes into Sandman. The changes are worthwhile. I never expected Preludes and Nocturnes to follow the comic closely anyhow. It would have been cool to get Batman and Martian Manhunter, but....

Jenna Coleman and Patrick Oswalt are fantastic!

The Rehearsal just keeps upending my expectations on what this show even is. I love it.
It's been such an emotional roller coaster for me, but it pays off consistently.

I've been seeing rumblings in every direction on twitter about Nathan Fielder's exploitation of the non-actor members of the cast. I don't think questioning the ethics of what he's doing is unreasonable, but it's kinda weird when 1) he seems to be weaving that very question into the fabric of the show (even if he's still not above letting the camera roll on someone behaving or expressing themselves in a way that they don't realize is outwardly embarrassing), and 2) the reality tv industry is built in a far more insidious form of that exploitation, one which is somehow simultaneously more obvious and more obfuscated.

It's been such an emotional roller coaster for me, but it pays off consistently.

I've been seeing rumblings in every direction on twitter about Nathan Fielder's exploitation of the non-actor members of the cast. I don't think questioning the ethics of what he's doing is unreasonable, but it's kinda weird when 1) he seems to be weaving that very question into the fabric of the show (even if he's still not above letting the camera roll on someone behaving or expressing themselves in a way that they don't realize is outwardly embarrassing), and 2) the reality tv industry is built in a far more insidious form of that exploitation, one which is somehow simultaneously more obvious and more obfuscated.
I have strong sense that the ethics of what he's doing will be a running theme with an ultimate conclusion. I think that's partially the point at this point in the show, especially with the last episode. It's interesting because I can't really argue one way or the other until the whole thing is done. It's like on a certain level, I still am not sure what the overall arc or thesis of the show is yet. I just keep being surprised by how much further he explores the topics he's diving into.

I have strong sense that the ethics of what he's doing will be a running theme with an ultimate conclusion. I think that's partially the point at this point in the show, especially with the last episode. It's interesting because I can't really argue one way or the other until the whole thing is done. It's like on a certain level, I still am not sure what the overall arc or thesis of the show is yet. I just keep being surprised by how much further he explores the topics he's diving into.
I just started it today and watched the first two episodes. I’m probably not the only person that feels that The Rehearsal is giving off some serious Chrarlie Kaufmaneque via Synecdoche, NY vibes. Not a bad thing. Sets and details are kind of amazing.

And how!

I'm 4 in now and head over heels with it. Hoping I can keep this 2/night pace going and be finished before my dad arrives and I lose access to late-night spins and viewings for a week.
I really only have the time on the weekend for extended viewing (like an hour) with my wife - this has trumped Only Murders in the Building as the show to keep up with.

I need to watch the second episode of The Rehearsal. Wife does not appreciate ol Nate.

I really only have the time on the weekend for extended viewing (like an hour) with my wife - this has trumped Only Murders in the Building as the show to keep up with.

I need to watch the second episode of The Rehearsal. Wife does not appreciate ol Nate.

I need to check out The Rehearsal. The mentions here have been a good reminder. One of my co-workers was praising it quite highly recently.

Got an email from Netflix overnight that says season 3 of Locke & Key comes out Wednesday. I was not expecting another season, I thought it was done. So this is an unexpected pleasant surprise. I quite enjoyed that show.

Got an email from Netflix overnight that says season 3 of Locke & Key comes out Wednesday. I was not expecting another season, I thought it was done. So this is an unexpected pleasant surprise. I quite enjoyed that show.
I enjoyed the first season and love the comic, but I couldn't get into the second season.

I just started it today and watched the first two episodes. I’m probably not the only person that feels that The Rehearsal is giving off some serious Chrarlie Kaufmaneque via Synecdoche, NY vibes. Not a bad thing. Sets and details are kind of amazing.
There's a part of me that wonders
whether the "real life people" are more in on it than we expect. I had the inkling that maybe the mother/wife (Angela?) was an actress, then humored myself on the idea that everyone onscreen is a hired actor and knows what they're in on. I could totally see a reveal where, for example, the people taking the fake acting class are all hired actors/extras deliberately playing students in a fake acting class.

Back