Television

If anyone is looking for some fun “dad TV”, the season 2 finale of Reacher dropped on Amazon Prime today. This season could be binge over a weekend and you’ll have completely forgotten the entire plot by the time you go back to work on Monday.
While I enjoyed season 1, season 2 was too much for me. The other detectives seemed to anchor it but in the company of his former squad it's basically just murderous psychopaths on a revenge rampage. It was just too much torture, cold blooded murder and solving every situation by going in full confrontation for me to enjoy

While I enjoyed season 1, season 2 was too much for me. The other detectives seemed to anchor it but in the company of his former squad it's basically just murderous psychopaths on a revenge rampage. It was just too much torture, cold blooded murder and solving every situation by going in full confrontation for me to enjoy
I already forgot almost all of what happened. Reacher only exists while I am watching it and immediately disappears from my mind the second it’s over. It’s like the exact opposite The Leftovers in that regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan
I felt the same. Season one was so much better. I think I still have two episodes left in season two, but lost the desire to really finish them since it wasn't as enjoyable.

I already forgot almost all of what happened. Reacher only exists while I am watching it and immediately disappears from my mind the second it’s over. It like the exact opposite The Leftovers in that regard.
Season 2 stuck with me longer because I was asking myself what the fuck I was watching there and how they get you to root for a psychopathic killer running around murdering people

I felt the same. Season one was so much better. I think I still have two episodes left in season two, but lost the desire to really finish them since it wasn't as enjoyable.
It helped that when it premiered there was a bit of a lull in the programming schedule. Now the 2024 Emmy push has lots of excellent TV available all at once. Their are like 15 shows I would watch instead of Reacher right now.

It helped that when it premiered there was a bit of a lull in the programming schedule. Now the 2024 Emmy push has lots of excellent TV available all at once. Their are like 15 shows I would watch instead of Reacher right now.
After season one I was really looking forward to season two. The tone and plot just weren't as appealing this time. Hopefully session three will right the ship.

On a much lighter note I started watching The Guest Book last night and it's nice to find a show that funny after what's felt like a comedy dry spell to me.

Edit: Granted it's from a couple years ago and already cancelled, but new to me.

Back