Steelbooks

Here’s a link to the upcoming Captain Marvel steelbook. Only available at best buy. It comes in 4k w/ a blu ray disc as well. Once these are gone, they’re gone and will go for double on ebay. It’s always best to do in store pickup because best buy ships steelbooks in very flimsy mailers. The mailers they use can make the steelbooks susceptible to damage.

I love some of the artwork on these, although it's strange that some of them look completely original (The Incredibles) and others are just carbon copies of the existing covers. Do these come supplemental materials like Criterion?

I love some of the artwork on these, although it's strange that some of them look completely original (The Incredibles) and others are just carbon copies of the existing covers. Do these come supplemental materials like Criterion?

Most of the time they don’t (at least the us versions don’t). Deadpool 2 is an exception as it came with trading cards, stickers and patches.

I didn't even realize these were a thing, and it turns out I owned 2 of them (Mad Max and Ex Machina). I just thought they were special edition covers. I really like all the Mondo x Steelbook cover art. Looks like Amazon sells some titles as well.

I didn't even realize these were a thing, and it turns out I owned 2 of them (Mad Max and Ex Machina). I just thought they were special edition covers. I really like all the Mondo x Steelbook cover art. Looks like Amazon sells some titles as well.

It’s hard to gauge sometimes which ones will sell out fast. You can count on any new Marvel (MCU) movie steelbook (Captain Marvel, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Endgame, etc.) to sell out within a few weeks. It looks like the steelbook for Alita Battle Angel will sell out quickly. They also don’t let you know how many are produced but it’s usually around 4000 for popular movies and even less for not so popular movies.

I like the Persona 5 steelbook a lot. And I wasn't even expecting it when I ordered the game from Amazon.

TbSBu2T.jpg

Here’s a link to the upcoming Captain Marvel steelbook. Only available at best buy. It comes in 4k w/ a blu ray disc as well. Once these are gone, they’re gone and will go for double on ebay. It’s always best to do in store pickup because best buy ships steelbooks in very flimsy mailers. The mailers they use can make the steelbooks susceptible to damage.

I have this ordered for my daughter's birthday. She turns ten the day after it comes out and Captain Marvel is currently her favorite superhero (after a few years of Squirrel Girl being number one).

Us 4k steelbook unboxing. Drops 6/18 at Best Buy.

These unboxing videos have a car crash appeal to them. I don't understand why they are a thing that exists, and somehow I finished this whole damn thing. That small dent is going to haunt this poor guy.

The new Doom game got announced last night and the collectors edition comes with a Mondo steelcase. Wish I didn’t have to drop $200 to get it. Gears 5 deluxe is also coming with a steel book!

Dropped my Captain Marvel steelbook on my hardwood floor :( headed back to Best Buy to do an exchange.
Got mine as well, but fortunately it hasn't been introduced to my hardwood floor yet. I'm thinking this will be my 6 yr old daughters introduction to the MCU.

Got mine as well, but fortunately it hasn't been introduced to my hardwood floor yet. I'm thinking this will be my 6 yr old daughters introduction to the MCU.

Nice! I can’t wait to watch it, along with all the special features, tonight. Did my exchange already. The girl i’m currently dating thought I was crazy for wanting to do an exchange. She’s like “but the movie is still playable, right?” :LOL:

Back