Shipping Alert: The N&G Experience

Russ I

I joined here back in April of this year, and since that time, increasingly, I receive occasional emails that surprise me with their alerts of an album being shipped that I have absolutely no recollection of ordering, sometimes even from vendors I would swear I've never heard of. Today it was from Target (okay, I recognize that one) with a shipping notice for Alex the Astronaut - The Theory of Absolutely Nothing. Fortunately there's an image of the album cover within the email, and I sort of remember that...
Anyway, by no means am I complaining. It's almost like belonging to a record club that sends a surprise pick each month (or week!) and I look forward to checking it out to see whether I had my head on straight when I ordered the blasted thing. So I thought it might be fun to create a thread for posting these surprises, either shipping notifications or deliveries of records you either don't remember at all, or had completely forgotten you'd ordered. For me, this is a distinctly N&G experience.

AtA.jpg

I joined here back in April of this year, and since that time, increasingly, I receive occasional emails that surprise me with their alerts of an album being shipped that I have absolutely no recollection of ordering, sometimes even from vendors I would swear I've never heard of. Today it was from Target (okay, I recognize that one) with a shipping notice for Alex the Astronaut - The Theory of Absolutely Nothing. Fortunately there's an image of the album cover within the email, and I sort of remember that...
Anyway, by no means am I complaining. It's almost like belonging to a record club that sends a surprise pick each month (or week!) and I look forward to checking it out to see whether I had my head on straight when I ordered the blasted thing. So I thought it might be fun to create a thread for posting these surprises, either shipping notifications or deliveries of records you either don't remember at all, or had completely forgotten you'd ordered. For me, this is a distinctly N&G experience.

View attachment 62221

Last surprise was receiving a Lightning Bolt album instead of the Tortoise I ordered. Same label, different artists. Got refunded ans kept the record. I am still after the AotM, the only one I am missing.

Here we go again :D. Today I received an album I have absolutely no recollection of ever seeing/hearing about, let alone ordering. Yet here it is, from Canada!, and, well, great! This is the best record club I've ever not belonged to because the curator knows his shit and always does his best to choose something I'll like LOL. Looking forward to a listen.

Daniel Romano's Outfit - How Ill Thy World is Ordered

DRO.jpg

Receive any "forgotten" gems lately?

Here we go again :D. Today I received an album I have absolutely no recollection of ever seeing/hearing about, let alone ordering. Yet here it is, from Canada!, and, well, great! This is the best record club I've ever not belonged to because the curator knows his shit and always does his best to choose something I'll like LOL. Looking forward to a listen.

Daniel Romano's Outfit - How Ill Thy World is Ordered

View attachment 66212

Receive any "forgotten" gems lately?

Do you smoke a lot of pot ? 😵
I genuinely have never ever forgotten a single purchase.

Would be great if you just had a random record Angel sending you gifts

Do you smoke a lot of pot ? 😵
I genuinely have never ever forgotten a single purchase.

Would be great if you just had a random record Angel sending you gifts
Hahahaha! That's funny. I will not deny the potential for an altered state playing a role in this. And late nights scouring for new releases and making rash decisions! But mostly I think it's a symptom of buying too many records!

Back