Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Welp, maybe an album is coming.
This article says more music to be announced in August. 💜
The Prince Estate would do well to emulate Neil Young's strategy with the Archives series versus trying to release a Vault album every 2 years.

The Prince Estate would do well to emulate Neil Young's strategy with the Archives series versus trying to release a Vault album every 2 years.
Meh… I am. a huge Neil fan but burnt out on his release schedule. King Gizz did the same thing to me. Difference is actively checking on the Neil stuff to see if went in sale.

Lovesexy and Come came today. Both sound good. I have two OG Lovesexy so I'm really in it for the Come.

It's weird that the U.S. copy (pressed by MPO in France) cut off the "Cool!" at the end of Loose (sick jam, amirite - synths remind me of something that should've been in Segas Streets of Rage), but people with EU copies are reporting it there. But people talking about it like it is a travesty and seeking out an EU copy. Odd choice sure? Mildly annoying? Ok. But a big deal? Well, I guess life must be pretty difficult and full of disappointing mole hills for those folks.

Also seems like EU copies came with the record in a black poly line sleeve separate from the printed inner, while the US has the record right in the printed inner. As well, Discogs photo has a clear "BG" etched in the runout while the US doesn't seem to have it.

Anyway sounds good.

Mildly annoying indeed. I don't understand the need to pay for an EU version just for that either. I have it on CD and cassette, or I could stream it for the word. I'm just happy to have it.

It's weird that the U.S. copy (pressed by MPO in France) cut off the "Cool!" at the end of Loose (sick jam, amirite - synths remind me of something that should've been in Segas Streets of Rage), but people with EU copies are reporting it there. But people talking about it like it is a travesty and seeking out an EU copy. Odd choice sure? Mildly annoying? Ok. But a big deal? Well, I guess life must be pretty difficult and full of disappointing mole hills for those folks.

Looks like some D&P talk going on at SHF

can I have a summary? Every time I go there, I get outrageously angry and I'd rather not get my blood pressure up.

Back