RIP David Crosby

As I noted on the profile post on him, Deja Vu / CSN was a soundtrack of my youth and a big touchpoint between my parents and I. Glad he got a second act and was able to get past his demons. I remember being at the one of the first shows CSN did in SoCal that Croz did after he got out of prison, and the crowd response was pretty incredible. Sorry to see this news.

Worth revisiting this Lefsetz letter on the 50th anniversary of Deja Vu.

Sad news, though I know he wasn't universally liked. Heck of a lot of great music out there with his name on it.

I def. didn't agree with some of his takes outside of music but at the same time he was/is an absolute legend and I respect the hell out of his resume. His voice and music will forever be a part of my lifes Soundtrack so nothing but love to him in the end. RIP Croz.

He and the musical company he kept were at the center of everything for me during the 70's. Two classic examples that come to mind are the way 'Almost Cut My Hair' became an anthem of sorts that represented so much of what couldn't be easily expressed about coming of age during that time, and his harmonies across Jackson Browne's Late for the Sky--indelibly imprinted on my soul.

Last edited:
As I noted on the profile post on him, Deja Vu / CSN was a soundtrack of my youth and a big touchpoint between my parents and I. Glad he got a second act and was able to get past his demons. I remember being at the one of the first shows CSN did in SoCal that Croz did after he got out of prison, and the crowd response was pretty incredible. Sorry to see this news.

Worth revisiting this Lefsetz letter on the 50th anniversary of Deja Vu.

Very jealous you got to see them!

Deja Vu and CSN are absolute top tier classics.

Back