Restocks/Represses

The OG's definitely do sound better. Anything with TML in the dead wax. Some of the Japanese pressings are great as well.
admittedly i've only heard a few (let it bleed and the big hits/high tides and through the past darkly) but I found the old mixing to be really grating. I don't want to struggle to hear the singer in a song with vocals. I also hate it when movies do this.

Last edited:
admittedly i've only heard a few (let it bleed and the big hits/high tides and through the past darkly) but I found the old mixing to be really grating. I don't want to struggle to hear the singer in a song with vocals. I also hate it when movies do this.

TBH I've only heard a few myself, maybe it's what I know from my youth but never had any problems with how the vocals are mixed on the OG's. Big Hits might be different. A few people have recommended one of the Japanese releases of Through the past, but I've not heard it.

I have a Japanese version of Let it Bleed which sounds good, but can't afford any of the OG's really. I have a sticky fingers pressing that has used different plates for the A & B side, one side (the side with TML stamped in it) sounds amazing, the other side sounds terrible. It's really weird, it's so big a difference I can't really listen to one side of the album.

I want a decent pressing of sticky fingers & Exile

@scotthilk @marshall i think you asked about this one when I PIFed it?

Damaged copies

man...i love this album haha. it really stands the test of time for me (semi-charmed life aside)

@scotthilk @marshall i think you asked about this one when I PIFed it?
Looks like there's a repress available on her website (black or orange vinyl) for the same price:

Black vinyl repress of the ORG Punk Note cover of Bad Brains:

So here I was pricing out a "for sale" list on Reddit as I had finally succumbed to the idea of keeping this record when it could be sold for a stupid amount was a bad idea, and ahoy oy...Billy Strings Home Pre-Order? Random Redditor also says rumors of a wider repress but I know people dig the Strings here and I dig being able to put it back in my cube.

So here I was pricing out a "for sale" list on Reddit as I had finally succumbed to the idea of keeping this record when it could be sold for a stupid amount was a bad idea, and ahoy oy...Billy Strings Home Pre-Order? Random Redditor also says rumors of a wider repress but I know people dig the Strings here and I dig being able to put it back in my cube.

Billy said they were repressing this a few months ago when the Turmoil repress occurred. Around September. I know he was selling them on tour, too. It’s definitely coming.

Back