Restocks/Represses

sounds like Letham.

Having read Lethem, is it even related to the album or talking heads?

He starts by saying he's disconnecting from the internet and will not be reaching out to the band or doing any interviews or consulting any reference material at all, etc etc. It's all going to be based on how memory and recollections of being 16b and listening to "fear of music". Was Byrne a jerk? What was the inspiration for the songs? Did they hate each other? Anything about eno? Live shows? Inner band tension? Not in this book pal, go pound sand. It's titled "talking heads' remain in light" but it might as well be titled "Jonathan lethem is a perpetually self absorbed 16 year old"

Last edited:
So far, I find the ones that take the album as inspiration to write something a lot more than boring track by track analysis ones. Hell the ABBA one was a fucking chore.

I also like to listen to the album when I read them and I'm stuck on Joy Division because well as much as I love Joy Division, I'm never actually in the mood to listen to them since I got older than like 25.

I like Chris ott's analysis really great but the joy division book was a bit of a slog for me yeah. Some of the track by track ones are ... incredibly insipid. The radiohead one where he breaks down songs by percentages and stuff, ugh. That's not analysis or discussion, it's closer to describing a song for someone that can't hear.

I like Chris ott's analysis really great but the joy division book was a bit of a slog for me yeah. Some of the track by track ones are ... incredibly insipid. The radiohead one where he breaks down songs by percentages and stuff, ugh. That's not analysis or discussion, it's closer to describing a song for someone that can't hear.
The book (Ott/Joy Division) has been fine so far. Just not angsty enough to listen to Joy Division. It's mood music for me and I've not been in the mood (which is a good thing). Honestly, the less I play NIN and Joy Division, the healthier I probably am. Love them both, dearly... but in a different place.

Yes, someone felt the “your fave is problematic” was not enough. So here people just list random musicians who are jerks and worse, which is pretty much everyone
Since I started it, let me say that it's not that I didn't think that thread wasn't enough, because I wasn't aware of it at all since it is not in the music forum. And the one I started really wasn't meant to be about jerks or just problematic people we judge, it was meant to be about genuine scumbags like R Kelly, Gary Glitter and the like.

Of course everyone defines that differently but it isn't meant to be a hot takes thread, I think the other one can be a place of debate if folks want to. And while I think there's some irony in that name, I'm not about calling people out and judging them on who they listen to, but I do want to know who the truly heinous people are so I can decide for myself if I want to remove them from my earballs.

Thanks for checking. Did not watch his latest 29 min YT video this morning.
I just scrolled through it to see if it was a restock and he pauses in the middle of it to pose with the album and says he’s gonna make it the thumbnail but it’s not back in print yet. He has some MMJs for sale too but assuming his prices are astronomical. Also saw he’s getting the Evans box set in

Well I just sold a record so this is a sign to buy one of these right?
giphy.gif

Back