Restocks/Represses

I got an email from Legacy announcing the Dirt reissue - they flash through a bunch of different colored versions of the album. Has anyone seen the yellow up for presale yet? Maybe that's Target or indie stores?

View attachment 148642

I think this has been showing up in European sites

I got an email from Legacy announcing the Dirt reissue - they flash through a bunch of different colored versions of the album. Has anyone seen the yellow up for presale yet? Maybe that's Target or indie stores?

View attachment 148642
Yellow is the EU pressing.

For US I've only seen the orange (band exclusive, long sold out), red (Wal-Mart, think that is still available), and black.

I noticed the red wax indie pressing of Dangerous Thoughts Cheat Codes has gotten scarce pretty fast. If anyone is still looking for a copy, my local still has a couple in stock...

I noticed the red wax indie pressing of Dangerous Thoughts Cheat Codes has gotten scarce pretty fast. If anyone is still looking for a copy, my local still has a couple in stock...
Gone

Dang! Those went fast. I swung by to pick one up this afternoon and they had 4 left (after I grabbed mine) and when I posted that they had two remaining.

Looks like the Green Danger Mouse Store exclusive is still available at retail if anyone is still looking for colored wax.
Also, a rare bonus in this day and age the album comes with a CD copy as well.

Dang! Those went fast. I swung by to pick one up this afternoon and they had 4 left (after I grabbed mine) and when I posted that they had two remaining.

Looks like the Green Danger Mouse Store exclusive is still available at retail if anyone is still looking for colored wax.
Also, a rare bonus in this day and age the album comes with a CD copy as well.
I like this green version better, but it won't ship to my address for some reason 🤷

Steven Universe soundtrack repress!

I got mine Friday. Kind of a rough pressing (and that’s from me, notoriously forgiving toward pressings guy). Maybe I’m unlucky but fwiw.

That sucks. Did you grab the Green or Red pressing? I haven’t had a chance to listen to mine yet.
The red. Lots of surface noise in the pressing. Additionally, I think when you’ve got DM producing you pretty much have to spread tracks wide for that bass to shine. As it is, it feels a little tight/compressed and muddy in spots.

The red. Lots of surface noise in the pressing. Additionally, I think when you’ve got DM producing you pretty much have to spread tracks wide for that bass to shine. As it is, it feels a little tight/compressed and muddy in spots.
Translucent red and clear vinyl for me have the highest rate of pressings with surface noise. I picked up the black copy from Amazon and it sounds perfect. Been spinning it all weekend, love this release.

That’s a shame. It’s a short album I think it’s only 34 minutes runtime total. 17 minutes per side wouldn’t be unreasonable. TBH, I thought the bass was a bit lacking digitally too. I was hoping the vinyl would open things up a bit. It it sounds too crummy it should be able to resell and recoup the cost since the seems to be sold out most places now.

Translucent red and clear vinyl for me have the highest rate of pressings with surface noise. I picked up the black copy from Amazon and it sounds perfect. Been spinning it all weekend, love this release.
I might have to snag a black copy and see. Probably going to give mine another spin on the RCM too, see if that helps.

I mean the digital sounds compressed. It seemed okay (as a project), but it might be the worst sounding album I have heard in a long time. The levels are whacky.

Back