Remote Work Support & FAQ

I wish I had something for you on this one. I also use a stand desk and pretty much stand 90% of my day. Hopefully someone else has a solution for you!

OH. MY. GODS! Ahahahahahahaha! Love it.
If I had the space in a spare room I’d definitely want to get a proper standing desk but I’m sat at my kitchen table right now. I have a friend who works at wayfair and was able to get me this chair for $50 cheaper than that price listed. I’d love one of those ergonomic chairs that go for $1000 but that’s only a dream 🙏

I need a new home office chair. The one I have is more than 20 years old now.

Working from home and sitting in it all day I have come to realize that the foam support in it was pretty much degraded. It's like sitting on plywood now and sitting on it for long periods of time hurts and I have to get up and move to the couch.

Anyone have an suggestions on a comfrotable chair?

Working from home and sitting in it all day I have come to realize that the foam support in it was pretty much degraded. It's like sitting on plywood now and sitting on it for long periods of time hurts and I have to get up and move to the couch.

If I had the space in a spare room I’d definitely want to get a proper standing desk but I’m sat at my kitchen table right now. I have a friend who works at wayfair and was able to get me this chair for $50 cheaper than that price listed. I’d love one of those ergonomic chairs that go for $1000 but that’s only a dream 🙏

I’ve been sitting on this one for a week and it’s pretty good. Comfy and supportive. My butt was aching with a foam pad on a kitchen chair and my regular/cheap/non-supportive desk chair was terrible. I’d recommend it.

Check from page 190 in the Cafe thread. Had a fun discussion on it there.

I’ve been sitting on this one for a week and it’s pretty good. Comfy and supportive. My butt was aching with a foam pad on a kitchen chair and my regular/cheap/non-supportive desk chair was terrible. I’d recommend it.

That looks like a good one. I can have it by Thursday as well

Everything I was looking on amazon either didn't ship until the 21st or was not prime eligible and would arrive sometime between April 13 and 27th.

Also, I think I broke wayfiars site trying to order this.

1586181860864.png

That looks like a good one. I can have it by Thursday as well

Everything I was looking on amazon either didn't ship until the 21st or was not prime eligible and would arrive sometime between April 13 and 27th.

Also, I think I broke wayfairs site trying to order this.

View attachment 39850
I ordered the chair on the 26th of March and it ended up coming two days later which is insane. I didn't get expedited shipping or anything.

I ordered the chair on the 26th of March and it ended up coming two days later which is insane. I didn't get expedited shipping or anything.

Wayfair is in MA. So it shouldn't take long in the North East with Ground. My experience with them is they ship USPS Ground and I get it next day here in Salem. I should have the middle of this week, which will be nice.

For now, I'm sitting on a pillow that while helps my rear is making my back ache now.

Well, going into week 2 of WFH. The con's are not having the exact equipment needed, but I can make due, that being said, if they ever offered to supply the correct setup I would be all over it. I'm stuck in my own cubicle all day on a regular basis and everyone kind of keeps to themselves barring a meeting or whatnot, so WFH would suit me fine :)

I still can't help but feel bad for those who can't and don't have an option to not go into their place of employment, so a continued Thank You to all the medical folks, distributors, check out and stock people and so on......continue to stay safe and the rest of you knuckleheads, help them by staying put.

I did take a look over those chairs. Nothing I can get here this week. The one from Amazon wouldn't come to mid to late May :oops:

The fact I could get the one from Wayfair in just a couple days sold me.
I think the one at my stand-desk that I never use is from Wayfair. If you were closer, it would be yours :)

I think the thing I miss most from the office is the white noise. Sharing workspace with a pregnant spouse who is snacking throughout the day is triggering a bit of light misophonia and none of you can ever tell her I said that because I know nutrition is critical at a time like this but JFC.

I think the thing I miss most from the office is the white noise. Sharing workspace with a pregnant spouse who is snacking throughout the day is triggering a bit of light misophonia and none of you can ever tell her I said that because I know nutrition is critical at a time like this but JFC.
LOL, did your office have white/pink noise machines? Or do you just mean the hum and bustle of everyday office life?

The thing I miss most about my specific job is all the traveling. I loved hopping on a plane and landing to a different wildfire in progress every time. It kept me on my toes.

LOL, did your office have white/pink noise machines? Or do you just mean the hum and bustle of everyday office life?

The thing I miss most about my specific job is all the traveling. I loved hopping on a plane and landing to a different wildfire in progress every time. It kept me on my toes.
Serious white (or whatever color) noise system that they really amped up after transitioning us away from cubicles into a more open office environment. Combined with the climate control, if you're >10 feet away from someone, you can't really hear their conversation unless they're being loud and you're really tuned into it. Any time the white noise went down for maintenance or something, the difference was eerie.

Thank you for triggering the PTSD of my cubicle neighbor crunching on pretzels incessantly. That is one thing I do not miss.

That sound has however, been replaced by distant screams of the kids and not-so-distant sneezes to the face.

Does anyone use a time management or task tracking tool they really like? My coworkers use different tools but I don't like a lot of options they're using. I find that if the time it takes me to update a task tracking tool is longer than would take to complete the task then what's the point.

I normally just use my outlook calendar and flag emails about getting things done on time. And our company uses Salesforce so reports in there as well.

Thank you for triggering the PTSD of my cubicle neighbor crunching on pretzels incessantly. That is one thing I do not miss.

That sound has however, been replaced by distant screams of the kids and not-so-distant sneezes to the face.

I had a coworker who would eat a hardboiled eggs for lunch. At exactly noon I would hear the initial crack and then a long craaaaaaaaaack as he rolled the egg across his desk. And then egg smell.

I had a coworker who would eat a hardboiled eggs for lunch. At exactly noon I would hear the initial crack and then a long craaaaaaaaaack as he rolled the egg across his desk. And then egg smell.
I'll see both of those and raise you a co-worker who would cut his fingernails and eat pistachios simultaneously, every day, at the same time, while on the phone.

I know you'll have questions about some of that, like: how often does someone really need to cut their fingernails? But I said what I said.

Does anyone use a time management or task tracking tool they really like? My coworkers use different tools but I don't like a lot of options they're using. I find that if the time it takes me to update a task tracking tool is longer than would take to complete the task then what's the point.

I normally just use my outlook calendar and flag emails about getting things done on time. And our company uses Salesforce so reports in there as well.
I have tried SO many time management/task apps. Depending on the type of work you do/things you need to track some are better than others.

For me, I track things meticulously for multiple projects and clients as well as for my own personal stuff (chores, writing, etc.). The app that has worked the best for me is OmniFocus. It is a paid app, but it allows me drill-down capabilities to track things utilizing tags or the like in case I need to bill specific tasks to specific projects.

Serious white (or whatever color) noise system that they really amped up after transitioning us away from cubicles into a more open office environment. Combined with the climate control, if you're >10 feet away from someone, you can't really hear their conversation unless they're being loud and you're really tuned into it. Any time the white noise went down for maintenance or something, the difference was eerie.
You have obviously never worked in an office in New Orleans. We were all set up in cubicles and our receptionist who was several cubicles down from me would get on the phone and I knew who wore what to church, how her grand-nephew was doing, and what she didn't like...it was a lot of stuff... If it wasn't her, it was the accountant who was also a landlord trying to call up the city or tenants. Then there was the intern with roommate problems. People don't know how to keep a conversation to themselves here.

I swear someone calling my house would either think I am torturing children. I love having a 10 y/o and an 8 y/o boy because they can really break some shit when they start fighting (RIP my couch). My gym has been streaming classes on FB and I started making kids workout with me just to get the crazy out.

I have to write things down on my paper calendar and track things manually. I just tend to remember it better when I write it out. I also try to map my week and give myself two to three tasks that I must finish for the week. I do use my outlook calendar to flag emails and I do some color coordination of emails too.

Back