Record Store Day 2024

I wonder what KPG will be able to do with Everybody Digs Bill Evans.

I have a 1975 Japanese Stereo Pressing that sounds pretty great but iirc this album in particular has some nasty piano distortion baked into the master tapes. Wondering if picking this up would be worth it, maybe just to hear mono would be neat.
It does. Unfortunately the previous OJC release was quite bright and really exacerbated that upper mid crunch. This one is my primary driver for going out for RSD this year.

I have a 1975 Japanese Stereo Pressing that sounds pretty great but iirc this album in particular has some nasty piano distortion baked into the master tapes. Wondering if picking this up would be worth it, maybe just to hear mono would be neat.
The stereo tapes are trashed and not useable from my understanding, but hopefully the mono tape - much less use - isn't. still, there is a reason Craft issues this on RSD - no returns/exchanges possible.

I don't think KPG is working on that one. It appears it's one of this colleagues at Coherent, Matthew Lutthans.

A friend told me about this last week, but I was skeptical because I couldn't find the post on the record store's FB page. That friend has since spoken to a record store owner who has confirmed that this is indeed a thing.

There is purportedly going to be a midwest RSD variant of Pearl Jam's Dark Matter, however, it will only be available in Illinois. Seems a bit sus to me, but ya never know. So, if anyone shopping in IL happens to see it, I'd be forever indebted to you if you'd pick up a copy for me. 😁

1711059946536.png

There's a bronze-looking one in Pennsylvania I saw posted.PJ.jpg

They are releasing a REGIONAL SPECIAL EDITION of the DARK MATTER LP. These will be released on 4/19 and are limited to 1500 COPIES. The image shows the color way for this version. This is not the same as the RSD release on 4/20. Pre-orders accepted.

@threesunrises

There's a bronze-looking one in Pennsylvania I saw posted.View attachment 198413

They are releasing a REGIONAL SPECIAL EDITION of the DARK MATTER LP. These will be released on 4/19 and are limited to 1500 COPIES. The image shows the color way for this version. This is not the same as the RSD release on 4/20. Pre-orders accepted.

@threesunrises
I like the look of this one.

His IG page
1711116379800.png
That's the same info as on his FB.

Website is supposedly: recordshoppa.com, but that goes to google maps.

I guess I need to email him?

IMG_4021.jpeg

**** EXCLUSIVE PNW VARIANT PRE-ORDER ****
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductees, Pearl Jam, return with their highly anticipated new album Dark Matter. The band’s 12th studio album was produced by Grammy® Award-winning producer, Andrew Watt.
To pre-order: send email to lantern.oly@gmail.com
Subject line: Pre-Order: Pearl Jam
$48.99
Pick up at the shop on Record Store Day 4/20/24!!

509 Washington St SE
Olympia, WA 98501

View attachment 198575

**** EXCLUSIVE PNW VARIANT PRE-ORDER ****
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductees, Pearl Jam, return with their highly anticipated new album Dark Matter. The band’s 12th studio album was produced by Grammy® Award-winning producer, Andrew Watt.
To pre-order: send email to lantern.oly@gmail.com
Subject line: Pre-Order: Pearl Jam
$48.99
Pick up at the shop on Record Store Day 4/20/24!!

509 Washington St SE
Olympia, WA 98501
I didn’t know this place existed also, is this not a RSD release if they are doing pre-orders?

Back