Lost In Translation
Sonic Youth comp
Iggy and The Stooges (mike watt era) live
Didjits
Come
Jazz Dispensary
Sisters of Mercy
Yes

I know some of these are firsts, but i dont really care about that stuff. All records I'd own tomorrow, today, yesterday.

Last edited:

I just ran into Dan Peters in a record shop 2 days ago. He said he was on his way to "Mark's house" and had time to kill. He was bringing his drums over and they were going to practice the next day (yesterday). I didn't think to ask him about RSD releases.

yeah i think dan was on the vinyl guide last year and let the cat outta the bag on this one. I thought it would just be a random date , sorta glad it's RSD in a way

I have most of the OGs, but one of the first shows I ever saw was in 96 or 97. 14 years old, mudhoney at a small club. I saw Mark Arm just sitting at the bar, and like the dork i was then and now, went up to Mark and was like "you guys got me into the stooges, could you sign this?" was a mudhoney 7" i just bought at the merch table. Mark was super nice and didnt treat me like a kid. He was telling me even then to seek out the fun house sessions, Im pretty sure it was still booted at the time

Things a want, but most aren't essential. I think it's a decent list.

Blessid Union - Walking off the buzz
Cranberries - Bury The hatchet
De la soul - Live at tramps
Manu dabango - Manu 76
Vince Guaraldi- it was a short summer
G.Love & special sauce - debut
Nas - Illmatic remixes
Parliament - osmosium deluxe
PM Dawn - Jesus wept
Public Enemy - revolverlution tour
Queen Latifah - nature of a sistah
Gil scott-heron - winter in America
Ducan sheik - debut
Murder was the case soundtrack
Westbound records comp
Bernie Worrell - wave from the wooniverse

Woah! I clearly need to take a closer look. I caught one at a glance.

Honestly, there's quite a bit I'd love to get in this batch. Very stoked to see Murder Was The Case finally getting reissued too!

Holy fuck!! Pink Elephants On Parade!!! Dunno how I missed that initially but I've been waiting a long time for a release like this!

There's a really low quality Sun Ra Disney CD out in the world but this will be miles ahead of that!!

On 2nd glance, I'll definitely pick up Dolores' solo release. Missed that on the first scan.

I'd love the Bill Evans but already own two versions of that release just because one skips badly.

Suppose I might be convinced to pick up Isaak's nod to Sun Records, too. So, overall it's not a terrible haul for the occasion.

Completely agree that the picture disc reissues are a tired concept.

Back