Record Store Day 2024

For those out and in line who have been going to their same store consistently, are you finding it busier than normal this year?

Last year, with the Swift thing, it was so overwhelming I decided to sit this one out (but also, nothing I'm dying to get this year).

I was hoping things would return a bit to "normal busy" and not "Swift busy". What is everyone whose been going out for RSD for a while experiencing?

44° and pouring rain, got to a Bull Moose an hour before they open, lines about forty deep. Hopefully no jazz heads or lll cry.

The real test is going to be not falling asleep as I didn’t have time to make coffee before I left
That's my dilemma right now. Just woke up and can't decide if I should book it over or make coffee first. My local doesn't open until 10...

I was thinking of getting the Bills Evans but see it's an RSD first. Is there a compelling reason to buy it today?
Not 100% sure. Maybe they will eventually repress it but if they follow what they have done in the past, this one’s mono and they may do a stereo reissue later in the OJC series or something

For those out and in line who have been going to their same store consistently, are you finding it busier than normal this year?

Last year, with the Swift thing, it was so overwhelming I decided to sit this one out (but also, nothing I'm dying to get this year).

I was hoping things would return a bit to "normal busy" and not "Swift busy". What is everyone whose been going out for RSD for a while experiencing?
Definitely more busy than average I feel like but probably not as busy as the Swift release, generally could get to my store at 2:30-3:00am and be about 15th or so but this year I’m probably 30th-35th. Much younger turnout this year

Definitely higher interest than most other non Swift RSDs. We got here with 50 min til open and are two "sides" deep, guessing 50-60 people

Definitely more busy than average I feel like but probably not as busy as the Swift release, generally could get to my store at 2:30-3:00am and be about 15th or so but this year I’m probably 30th-35th. Much younger turnout this year
Thanks, appreciate it. All signs pointing to my early retirement from RSD, and settlling for Sunday scraps online … unless Mew puts out a record for it, or Chairlift represses their album Something for it, or, or, or … lol

Back