Record Store Day 2021

That pressing is absolute hot garbage. Avoid it. I emailed real gone back in Dec. and here is an interesting response they sent me. Apparently they will be redoing it in the future.

View attachment 133460

"The album is just too long. We probably should have done a double LP release, but it had already come out in Europe as a single LP and we didn’t want to mess with the original artwork. At 55 minutes, the record had to be mastered at extremely low volume, causing the listener to turn the stereo way up, thus bringing surface noise to the fore.

That said, the test pressings sounded ok (otherwise we never would have ok’d the manufacturing run). It just appears this particular color vinyl mix went sideways. Vinyl manufacturing can be a crapshoot, that’s for sure.

Having been a limited edition run, and with the pressing plants backed up close to a year, we won’t be able to manufacture more. However, down the line we will be putting out a black vinyl edition which should sound much better. Contact us then, and we’ll send you one. Won’t be for a while, though.

We take pride in our quality and are chagrined that this one didn’t turn out very well.

Best,

Gordon Anderson

Co-President

Real Gone Music"
I appreciate the honesty from Real Gone. Most other labels would have tried to gaslight you instead of admitting to a flawed product.

Back