Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I know this has been asked before, but search isn't helping me much right now. What does everyone use for outer sleeves on large box sets? I've been looking around and no idea what size to buy so would love some recommendations from what you guys are using. Thanks!
Box sets are really inconsistent in size. I'm not sure what would be good.

Yeah, this is the problem! Hard to know what might work for all the different sizes.
I use these from Sleeve City, they fit most but not all of my box sets

I use these from Sleeve City, they fit most but not all of my box sets

Thanks! Pretty cheap to so probably worth a shot.

Thanks! Pretty cheap to so probably worth a shot.
You said large, what are you trying to sleeve? Cause I don’t think something that will work for a one inch box is gonna work on like a Bowie or Beatles box. I’m not sure anyone makes something that works for stuff like that.

You said large, what are you trying to sleeve? Cause I don’t think something that will work for a one inch box is gonna work on like a Bowie or Beatles box. I’m not sure anyone makes something that works for stuff like that.
There are definitely a couple that I know there is just no way are going to fit. For example I have the Goose Radio City box that is like 3 inches and I know that's not gonna happen. But then I have a few Dead boxes that are only about an inch and then hoping maybe the Johnny Cash American Recordings might work but that is a little over an inch.

There are definitely a couple that I know there is just no way are going to fit. For example I have the Goose Radio City box that is like 3 inches and I know that's not gonna happen. But then I have a few Dead boxes that are only about an inch and then hoping maybe the Johnny Cash American Recordings might work but that is a little over an inch.
I think VSS has something that worked for the one steps so that might be something to consider if these don’t work out. If I can take the records out of a box I do. After that I figure does it really matter? There’s gonna be shelf wear no matter what but the sides will be protected from the outers surrounding them. You’ll lose that if you have boxes segregated or next to each other because of a run of them or something.

When I get home I can take a quick picture of my box set shelf to show you which ones they work on and which they don't
Appreciate the offer, but don't worry about it. I already put in an order for some anyway. :D I'm sure they will work on at least a few boxes that I have so at $10 it's worth trying them out!

what do you guys use for those tip-on jackets that are like about 1 CM too big on the top and right side like this (underneath the Killer Mike):

20240301_121525.jpg

For reference if you have it, its Roxy Music's - S/T reissue & Be Forest Cold reissue

what do you guys use for those tip-on jackets that are like about 1 CM too big on the top and right side like this (underneath the Killer Mike):

View attachment 196624

For reference if you have it, its Roxy Music's - S/T reissue & Be Forest Cold reissue

The sleeve city extra large gatefold sleeves.

The sleeve city extra large gatefold sleeves.
you mean these? they dont seem to have "extra large" gatefold specific
13 square might be slightly too big for this i think?

Yes sorry those are the ones I’ve not ordered them for a while so I couldn’t quite remember the exact name lol.

I use them for the oversized top on gatefolds. The likes of the VMP doublers or the new rhino hi fidelity or the acoustic sounds series, none of which fit into a normal sized sleeve.

Yes sorry those are the ones I’ve not ordered them for a while so I couldn’t quite remember the exact name lol.

I use them for the oversized top on gatefolds. The likes of the VMP doublers or the new rhino hi fidelity or the acoustic sounds series, none of which fit into a normal sized sleeve.
I use these, they are very nice and perfect for some of the larger blue note tone poets

Thanks!! On those tipons, do they fit snugly or is it a bit big? Just wanted to check before i comment to 30 of them lol.

Thanks!! On those tipons, do they fit snugly or is it a bit big? Just wanted to check before i comment to 30 of them lol.

Depends on the record tbh. The rhino hifi and acoustic sounds ones snuggly. VMP can vary depending on the release. None of them fit in the normal sleeve city 5mil sleeves though.

Vss sells a 12.5 and a 12.75.

Are people still interested in others used outers? I sold a lot of records in 2024 and ended up with a bunch of outers (the shop just tosses them so I figured I’d hold onto them) but I’ve also switched to sealable sleeves so I’ve got a bunch of Diskeeper thick sleeves. The good stuff.

Back