Record budgets

Now that I am unemployed (in three shifts anyhow), I have a strict $100 a month budget.

January…. Was a free for all.

February (starts today)…

Nancy Sinatra - Boots - 10.14

Paul McCartney - Band on the run - 27.93

The sinseers - Sinseerly Yours 32.25

Chicano Batman - Notebook Fantasy 34.39

So… going in to March in the negative. VMP will probably get the lion’s share as I want that Nina and that Heart.

Off to an auspicious start. Lol

Time to block the pre-order thread.

I'm broken, so I haven't worked for quite some time and get unemployment benefits every month.

I try to limit myself to one PayPal Pay in 3 on the day I get my money, and keep that to around £30-40 for the monthly payment. That usually works out to 4, maybe 5 records. I occasionally do the same around a week later when I get another small trickle of money come my way.

So, 4–10 records, paying £80 a month tops!

I actually bought my first records of the year yesterday, all reissued Jazz albums, and I got four of them.

Budget is doing well :)

Last edited:
Now that I am unemployed (in three shifts anyhow), I have a strict $100 a month budget.

January…. Was a free for all.

February (starts today)…

Nancy Sinatra - Boots - 10.14

Paul McCartney - Band on the run - 27.93

The sinseers - Sinseerly Yours 32.25

Chicano Batman - Notebook Fantasy 34.39

So… going in to March in the negative. VMP will probably get the lion’s share as I want that Nina and that Heart.

Off to an auspicious start. Lol

Time to block the pre-order thread.
I applaud you for doing this but you have the self control of me apparently.

I don't have a ton of money to spend on albums so I want to be smart with what I get as I don't have a job yet. I want to feel good about my purchases and not feel like I'll regret ordering something as I probably won't listen to it more than a couple of times. Sometimes I will decide not to get something that I really want because there's something I want even more than that album. I'd probably buy albums more often If they were close to $40 for a single lp.

Back