Pre-Order Thread

Brockhampton - Ginger vinyl pre-order

There’s a neat feature where you can put your name in with your order and you’ll be put on a printed insert that comes with all copies of the album alongside the names of everyone else who ordered the album... I put me and my girlfriend down as

Anthony and Alissa

Limited time I believe so be quick!

The preorder should stay open until Thursday, but I didn't risk it and got mine already. This will probably sell really well, so that's going to be a super crowded list of names

The new Bethlehem Steel Record is available for preorder for $16 shipped

IMG_2200_copy.jpg

Unofficial Castelvania: Symphony of the Night

0017049802_10.jpg

0017049800_10.jpg

I'm honestly surprised we recovered musically as a culture from this time period.

I don’t know if it was like this over there but here The Strokes appeared from nowhere and nu-metal seemed immediately like nothing more than a very bad dream. I know it happened but still kinda can’t believe it did.

just to let y'all know, the dawes-north hills red 2XLP reissue is available for $20 on rough trade, which is the best price I've seen it at:

I don’t know if it was like this over there but here The Strokes appeared from nowhere and nu-metal seemed immediately like nothing more than a very bad dream. I know it happened but still kinda can’t believe it did.

Yes, I would say it was both The Strokes and The White Stripes, with Arcade Fire and The Flaming Lips coming up with the support assist.

Yes, I would say it was both The Strokes and The White Stripes, with Arcade Fire and The Flaming Lips coming up with the support assist.

I seem to remember the NME fawning over the trio of The Strokes, The Vines and The White Stripes. Then our own scene seemed to explode the year after. The Flaming Lips were around then too but they seemed to be off doing their own mad thing and both fitted in perfectly with everything without being a part of anything.

I want to say that the Arcade Fire weren’t a apart of that and didn’t emerge for a further 3 or 4 years?

I seem to remember the NME fawning over the trio of The Strokes, The Vines and The White Stripes. Then our own scene seemed to explode the year after. The Flaming Lips were around then too but they seemed to be off doing their own mad thing and both fitted in perfectly with everything without being a part of anything.

I want to say that the Arcade Fire weren’t a apart of that and didn’t emerge for a further 3 or 4 years?
That's correct, Arcade Fire was 2004 and the period of time you're discussing is 2001-2002. In the states, it was The Strokes, The White Stripes, and Interpol who were the biggies (at least where I was).

With your own scene, you’re talking about The Libertines? :love:

That's correct, Arcade Fire was 2004 and the period of time you're discussing is 2001-2002. In the states, it was The Strokes, The White Stripes, and Interpol who were the biggies (at least where I was).

Yeah and I think it was even 2005 before their debut made it across to us. I think of them more as emerging at the same time as LCD Soundsystem which over here was the time of Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand et al leading to the emergence of the Arctic Monkeys.

Back