Pre-Order Thread

Hmm I imagine there might be a vmp version?

Here’s the thing about Strands Of Oaks, my introduction to him was via “Goshen ‘97” that song combined with his look led me to believe he was a guitar ripper but everything that I have heard since that cut was been synth heavy and with lots of ballady mellow vibes. While I am not opposed to the music that he regularly makes I feel like he (and J Mascis who I recently learned, but now seems obvious; was the shredder on that breakout track) bamboozled me a bit by release that track as his first single.

Here’s the thing about Strands Of Oaks, my introduction to him was via “Goshen ‘97” that song combined with his look led me to believe he was a guitar ripper but everything that I have heard since that cut was been synth heavy and with lots of ballady mellow vibes. While I am not opposed to the music that he regularly makes I feel like he (and J Mascis who I recently learned, but now seems obvious; was the shredder on that breakout track) bamboozled me a bit by release that track as his first single.
I had a similar experience with Phosphorescent. Loved the song released, which sounded nothing like his other stuff when I got the album.

That was like his fourth album, though.

I had a similar experience with Phosphorescent. Loved the song released, which sounded nothing like his other stuff when I got the album.
Yeah, I am a big Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy guy so I was thinking Phosphorescent was gonna be of that ilk and similarly that isn’t what he turned out to be. Again, it’s not bad just different than expected.

Yeah, but it was his first album on a major Indie Label and even though he was from a neighboring state I was completely unaware of him until he signed with Dead Oceans.
Yeah, that was the first track I had heard from him from hearing it on XM Radio. I had no idea he was an established artist with previous albums.

Back