Pre-Order Thread

11.jpg

At a quick scroll glance I misread the album cover as Jerry Garcia & Pharoah Sanders and was like, WTF?!

I followed them from the start up until Monster. REM peaked for me at Life's Rich Pageant. I liked their albums less between Document and Monster, liking a song or two on the LPs in between. I could not get into anything past Monster however for some reason, although I tried, except possibly Accelerate.
We have overlapping opinions on this — LRP is the peak for me, too, and there are gems on later albums, but none of the albums after LRP hit me the same way as earlier albums. That said, “King of Birds” is, for me, their best song, but I jam (loud) “Begin the Begin” more than any other REM song. I have the Mofi LRP. Really good.

For an album that came out the year I graduated high school, I don't remember a a song off this album. Most REM albums I at least know a couple singles but this a no go.
Gen-X checking in. Man I was thinking it was just me. :) I understand its been been OOP since 1998, so that is probably where all the hype is, but I couldn't remember a single damn song off this album.

Gen-X checking in. Man I was thinking it was just me. :) I understand its been been OOP since 1998, so that is probably where all the hype is, but I couldn't remember a single damn song off this album.
"Daysleeper" is the one that got the most radio and MTV play. If you don't know that one then there's probably not much hope for knowing much else from it.

The trio version of R.E.M. holds no interest for me as a vinyl buyer; I think I got one of them on CD for a buck and it's fine for a once-a-year spin.
That’s basically how I feel. Up is a great CD but I can’t see myself spinning the vinyl over any of the IRS albums or even Green/Automatic/New Adventures. “Lotus” is a banger though. I’ll probably end up buying the black version if/when it’s heavily discounted.

With all the R.E.M. talk going on in this thread it’s only fitting that I drop this Bandcamp pre-order here. (click on image)

Thirty years ago, a brand new band called Harvey Milk took the stage at the illustrious 40 Watt Club in their hometown of Athens on April Fool's Day and performed the entirety of REM's album "Reckoning." There were a few recordings made, but only one survived. It was the audio from famed filmmaker Lance Bangs. Jump ahead to earlier this year, when the Harvey Milk bass player (Stephen Tanner to those taking notes) was at Chunklet HQ, we all began laughing about that performance and well, here we are. An edition of 400 copies and I suspect that'll be it. Each copy has a hand applied dayglo orange sticker on both the front and back.

Chunklet Industries has been putting out some great stuff lately! Like a few new Man Or Astroman records. Don’t sleep though. Stuff tends to sell out!

Last edited:
I was absentmindedly ignoring a staff meeting and happened to click it and it was back. Not even sure why I was watching it that closely, Up is in my low-tier of REM rankings. But yay timing?
Basically the same story for me earlier today as well, lol. This is the first time I’ve snagged one of their exclusives, and the last album I needed to complete the discography, so that’s kinda cool I suppose 🎉

So one of my all time favourite albums is a b-sides collection!

It’s arguably better than 6, definitely better than 5, of the artist’s 7 studio albums.

What is it?

The Masterplan by Oasis of course! Freshly released for its 25th Anniversary! First time it’s released with the remastered audio done for the “Chasing the Sun” 20th Anniversary editions of Oasis’ first 3 albums!

1695218526807.png

mae_project_M_transparent.png

b45efebe9bda4326a1d226b644f18805_1800x1800.jpg

52f95adc1dd44639b9c571c1d9986d0d_1800x1800.jpg

a275ec6c1fa940ddb0d543d763695c25_1800x1800.jpg

121757-e003378c26caeee547f07881ea98aa66.png

So one of my all time favourite albums is a b-sides collection!

It’s arguably better than 6, definitely better than 5, of the artist’s 7 studio albums.

What is it?

The Masterplan by Oasis of course! Freshly released for its 25th Anniversary! First time it’s released with the remastered audio done for the “Chasing the Sun” 20th Anniversary editions of Oasis’ first 3 albums!

Yep. Easily the 3rd best Oasis album for me.

Back