Pre-Order Thread

Another worst cover art of the year contender
Thanks for the suggestion. This falls well into the "I don't give a shit just put that picture with me and the disco balls on the cover" territory.

The list is being curated to include only the Top 10 of the year. And, I cant say I think Cher's Disco Ball BS cover usurps the awfulness of the current 10.

But - I might be wrong and - if so - one of these has to go...

We have a new entry.
There was some appreciation for A Giant Dog Bite previously - so it slid out of the top 10 in favor of the newest entry:
1675177860828-png.165621

(This is still my vote by a HUGE margin)

647a16b8b5219.jpg

1686148637096-png.174589

81uvFerNKQL._SX425_.jpg

GUEST_62c861ba-359f-402d-be1b-34e763dd6d22

1687577366744-jpeg.175945

1687972752292.png

1687973916877.png

1688165408083.png

View attachment 181662

Thanks for the suggestion. This falls well into the "I don't give a shit just put that picture with me and the disco balls on the cover" territory.

The list is being curated to include only the Top 10 of the year. And, I cant say I think Cher's Disco Ball BS cover usurps the awfulness of the current 10.

I think Cher is worse than whatever that yellow one is, but either are clearly the 10th worst of that list, as some of those other ones are just reverse fire.

TL;DR - THIS YEAR IS STACKED WITH AWFUL COVERS AND THAT ONE WHILE AWFUL ISN'T REMOTELY IN CONTENTION.

Absolutely zero information about what makes that exclusive

My familiarity with Sarah Jarosz is relatively fleeting, but this jacket photo looks like an image changer to me. I wonder if the music follows suit.
meh, there is nothing there that is really outside the aesthetic of that camp. It's just a little more eye catching than usual. Anything is possible and the whole group of folks Thile, Jarosz, O'Donovan, Lage, Lake Street Dive, etc are not necessarily beholden to a genre. She has done more composed stuff and lots of folk stuff.

The cover to Rhiannon's album didn't scream big genre shift, but that's what we got.

My familiarity with Sarah Jarosz is relatively fleeting, but this jacket photo looks like an image changer to me. I wonder if the music follows suit.
First single is definitely a different direction but the idiosyncrasies of her songwriting are intact, like I know it’s her despite the rocking out:

Oh wow, that’s cool.
If the songwriting is as strong as it was on World on the Ground, this could be something.

Also, not for nothing, if you like this and haven’t checked out Margaret Glaspy’s Echo the Diamond, you really should. It’s more bare bones but definitely the same vibe.

Back