Pre-Order Thread

1662566986292.png.

View attachment 150727

I don't usually go for best-ofs, but this seems so fun. I think I'm getting it.

@Corycm hat bird is this essential?
Essential is tough. It’s an album he made real late in his career - in his 70s I think - and relies on the guest list (which is solid - Robert Cray and Bonnie Raitt and Santana as the standouts). I don’t think it’s his best or representative of his catalog, but it’s still a pretty damn good album and Craft has been doing good work with mastering and production of this stuff.

1662576288507.png

1662576396772.png

@Corycm hat bird is this essential?
I don't know @Corycm 's answer, but I would say 'no, but it's still pretty good' -- it's his big "comeback" album and has a bunch of guest star/duets -- santana, bonnie raitt, a bunch of others. it's good, but it doesn't have the absolute fire that his earlier work does. It did get a lot of attention at the time and I think it was his last real studio album but I'm not sure about that.

santana's on the title track.

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-067

Want to know more about Soul Step Records? Visit us in the "Vinyl Clubs" section of the site.IMG_6856.jpgIMG_6863.jpg

Coming to Soul Step Subscribers on September 10th!

Soul Step Records are proud to announce a brand new artist and release to our label. We are happy to welcome Marcus Machado to Soul Step Records! We will be releasing Marcus’ debut album, “Aquarious Purple” to vinyl exclusively through Soul Step Records.

Marcus Machado, for fans of D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq, and the guitar stylings of Jimi Hendrix, was named “Next Young Gun” by Rolling Stone Magazine and since then, Marcus has not disappointed in becoming one of the most in demand young guitar players in the world in both the studio and on the road. Recently, Marcus has collaborated on the music score for the documentary “Mr. Soul.” Marcus has also was requested to play the national anthem in Madison Square Garden for the NY Knicks as well as Oracle Arena for the Golden State Warriors.

This album comes with many different styles and layers. We kindly refer to “Aquarious Purple” as guitar driven rhythm and funk from another planet! This album will resonate with fans of D’Angelo’s funk, Jimi Hendrix’s soaring guitar solos, and the smooth soul of Raphael Saadiq. Once this LP is on your record player - you will be on a trip with Marcus that will touch so many different influences. “Aquarious Purple” will invite you to spin it again and again to uncover all the different layers built into these grooves.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

I don't know @Corycm 's answer, but I would say 'no, but it's still pretty good' -- it's his big "comeback" album and has a bunch of guest star/duets -- santana, bonnie raitt, a bunch of others. it's good, but it doesn't have the absolute fire that his earlier work does. It did get a lot of attention at the time and I think it was his last real studio album but I'm not sure about that.

santana's on the title track.

Don’t Look Back in 97 was his last album. He had a pretty remarkable late career run after this. I’d say The Healer and Mr Lucky are the best of that run.

Phoenix/Alpha Zulu (Clear Vinyl)

Phoenix

Alpha Zulu (Clear Vinyl)​

View attachment 150758

this is almost like a "Smell The Glove" cover for the pube soap version... except this is none more silver

1662636484820.png

$70 shipped lol

$70 shipped lol
Hmm, not sure I need three versions of the same album. Gonna need to listen to these first.

Back