Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 148510

View attachment 148511

That thing is monstrous! And the metal shavings ("dirt") so you can go all Wooly Willy on the cover design, ha ha. I can appreciate the creativity. Gonna stick to the 2xLP reissue, but for AIC superfans, this box is loaded.

51WH4P47K6L.jpg

I kinda think this is great but I also don’t know if it’s $40+ shipping preorder that I won’t get until mid October great.

I was debating passing for the same reason—but after some consideration I think this is in such a similar lane to Sloppy Joe & the Cruise's "Keep on Cruisin' " (which is one of my most played records over the past couple years) that I'd regret missing out on it more way more than I'd miss the excess $20-30 bucks in it's price.

To each their own though!

Damn. I thought it would go fast. But not that fast.

If the modern marketing model has taught us anything, it will be available again in about an hour with the pressing quantity removed.
2000 pieces to a big fan base (plus you know the flippers were circling early on this one), plus the leaked release? Math checks out.

2000 pieces to a big fan base (plus you know the flippers were circling early on this one), plus the leaked release? Math checks out.

This raises an interesting question: just how many record collectors are there out there?

A quick Google search analyzes the market in basically two ways: Total dollars spent in the marke and number of brick and mortar "indie" records stores (pre-pandemic that was estimated to be about 1000).

We might be better able to predict when its best to swallow hard and pre-order immediately if we knew a rough number of actual indivdual collectors in say: the US and separately the UK and Europe.

Obviously there's a certain percentage of those aren't interested in Dirt - which we could probably reliably estimate based on the number of total collectors. And then, knowing the pressing number (2000 vs. 5000 for example) the popularity of the artist and accounting for retailer purchases - you might have a better basis to decide whether to pass or pull the trigger.

Maybe this is the long way to conclude - you better just buy it as soon as it goes on sale ... but I'd still like to know the number.

1660323591335.png

Back