Pre-Order Thread

Whenever I died from dysentery on the Oregon trail I always made my tombstone read

“I died of runny poooooooop”

My 8 year old brain always found it funny to see how many “o”s the program would limit me to or imagining the poor guy chiseling out that many “o”s in poop in a limestone slab 100 mile short of Chimney Rock.

Last edited:
My sister actually got dysentery earlier this year from the shigella bacteria. Not good times for her and ended up in the ER for dehydration :oops: it’s still pretty common, we are just much better at treating GI stuff.

edit: I should note that there were so many Oregon Trail jokes after she got a little better!

N&G: Come for the vinyl, stay for the gastrointestinal distress talk!

My sister actually got dysentery earlier this year from the shigella bacteria. Not good times for her and ended up in the ER for dehydration :oops: it’s still pretty common, we are just much better at treating GI stuff.

edit: I should note that there were so many Oregon Trail jokes after she got a little better!
I just had a coworker and his 3 kids all under three y/o get shiga-toxin producing E coli, and all were hospitalized for a couple weeks. One of the kids had to get flown to Seattle Childrens Hospital, almost needed dialysis. Thankfully, they’re all home now and on the mend, but it was scary for a bit

I just had a coworker and his 3 kids all under three y/o get shiga-toxin producing E coli, and all were hospitalized for a couple weeks. One of the kids had to get flown to Seattle Childrens Hospital, almost needed dialysis. Thankfully, they’re all home now and on the mend, but it was scary for a bit

It's a good hospital.

Weren´t there people eagerly waiting for this?

Do we have any details on this new pressing? Is there a chance they used the VMP masters? Does it have the original samples?
people on reddit are claiming it doesn't contain the samples and it's just a repress of the last reissue just with the og cover this time.

That's a boomer take if I've ever heard one.
Maybe, but it is correct. The score is ok but nothing to put on for a party. Tears for fears' hits collection or songs from the big chair are both great (I'd go for hits, not a huge tff fan)

Maybe, but it is correct. The score is ok but nothing to put on for a party. Tears for fears' hits collection or songs from the big chair are both great (I'd go for hits, not a huge tff fan)
The Tears For Fears version never did much for me. Maybe in a vacuum if you compared them side by side you could make an argument but the Gary Jules version, in that film, at that moment is perfection.

Back