Pre-Order Thread

And I’m sure no one here orders from Amazon.
I do, but I'd rather not and try not to when possible. There is no ethical consumption in capitalism, and a bunch of the music we love is made by shitty people too. Not judging, just would prefer to support people who take care of their employees or better yet are employee owned.

There was an article I read the other day about how Amazon execs are starting to worry there aren't enough Americans they can hire because they've already employed and lost or fired most of the population willing to work for their wages. Could lead to more automation, but would be better if when Bezos is in space they steal the company.

There was an article I read the other day about how Amazon execs are starting to worry there aren't enough Americans they can hire because they've already employed and lost or fired most of the population willing to work for their wages. Could lead to more automation, but would be better if when Bezos is in space they steal the company.
Yeah, that NYT article was from earlier this week. It goes quite in depth about the warehouse environment and insane turnover rate of something like 152%. Sadly, these are also some of the best paying jobs with benefits in a lot of these areas. It’s both exploitation and an opportunity to earn a living wage at the same time.

Yeah, that NYT article was from earlier this week. It goes quite in depth about the warehouse environment and insane turnover rate of something like 152%. Sadly, these are also some of the best paying jobs with benefits in a lot of these areas. It’s both exploitation and an opportunity to earn a living wage at the same time.
Similarly in my area are chicken plants. Pay is better than most every other job you can get without a degree or specific training and no issues with a criminal record (pushing $20/hour to start with signing bonuses/raises if you stay on), but you know, it's working at a chicken plant processing poultry so the turnover rate is insane.

It really sucks what you have to subject yourself to in order to get a living wage in some places.

Last edited:
We need a record store that doesn't charge until ship and isn't run by d-bags, but this seems harder and harder to find these days. I need an ethical dealer to support my addiction, damn it! (Seriously, not meant smart ass-y).
Plaidroom and Zia? Though, I have reservations about ordering from Zia right now because it's 120 degrees in PHX and Vegas.

One of the best British punk records gets reissued on vinyl.
Leatherface - mush. This is essential listening
Great album. They're the UK version of Hot Water Music I'd always say.

Also Rough Trade was selling this for a while now. All they have left are black copies but if you wanted that version its cheaper than the bandcamp version since it's the USA store.

This album is phenomenal. Didn't notice the post earlier but this deserves a serious listen. It's a revolutionary sound for a metal album, imo.

Great album. They're the UK version of Hot Water Music I'd always say.

Also Rough Trade was selling this for a while now. All they have left are black copies but if you wanted that version its cheaper than the bandcamp version since it's the USA store.

Yes i think they are one of the idols of hot water music. They also did a nice split ep together

Last edited:
And they hired them all back and acknowledged their mistakes. Bullmoose isn’t perfect and neither is any company. I’ll continue buying from them so I can help the employees keep their jobs.

No opinion on the ethics questions here but this sentence:
Wickard said the company “started aggressively listening to everyone” after the store closing, including reaching out to terminated workers.
is so funny to me. “Aggressive listening” is when you express concern for your employees’ well-being by asking what their fucking problem is.

Similarly in my area are chicken plants. Pay is better than most every other job you can get without a degree or specific training and no issues with a criminal record (pushing $20/hour to start with signing bonuses/raises if you stay on), but you know, it's working at a chicken plant processing poultry so the turnover rate is insane.

It really sucks what you have to subject yourself to in order to get a living wage in some places.
This is also most factory’s right now. Due to shitty schedules, poor management and covid obviously did a number over the last year. I work at nestle, and when I got hired over 20 years ago you had to know someone to get in. Now after they sold the candy side of the business and all the other things I mentioned we can’t keep people. Because of that sale we were supposed to have layoffs, but that isn’t going to happen. And every factory I drive by has signs out that they are hiring at 20+ an hour and full benefits.

Same here. I'm just far enough outside of Atlanta that going to the main stores (Wax N' Facts or Criminal) would take half a day in traffic and my local doesn't get any limited releases. The owners are sweet and I try to support as much as I can but they overcharge a ton too so it's tough.
Traveling to and working in Atlanta a lot over the years, I have always been puzzled that there weren't more indie record stores that were essential stops. Criminal and Wax are indeed a logistics challenge between traffic and parking in Little 5 Points, which is a tough sell when as you say, there were not a lot of unique things to find there.

And they hired them all back and acknowledged their mistakes. Bullmoose isn’t perfect and neither is any company. I’ll continue buying from them so I can help the employees keep their jobs.

Glad they hired them back. Sounds like cooler heads prevailed (and the realization of bad press combined with cost of closing and retraining maybe)

I own a small retail store (not music related). Trying to stay both safe and open thru all this has been a new challenge I’m glad to be putting in the rearview. After we were all vaccinated and the CDC gave the thumbs up we agreed to drop our store mandatory masks. We were probably one of the last in town to do so.

Pre-vaccine it was hell. Trying to enforce masks and limited access, keep ourselves and families safe, and stay open to earn a living.

Last edited:

Gimme variant limited to 100 on neon orange.

Ichiko Aoba's Windswept Adan will get its EU/UK/USA vinyl release through Ba Da Bing in November 2021:

Last edited:

You know, I’ve never bought any of these Live from ACL albums. Are they generally good recordings and such?

You know, I’ve never bought any of these Live from ACL albums. Are they generally good recordings and such?

I can only really speak to the Drive-By Truckers one and its definitely a good recording and a great performance. Had it on CD for a long while and leapt at the opportunity to grab it on vinyl when it was released last year!

Back