Pre-Order Thread

10A1F65E-C175-4412-A93F-7371A89D92BD.jpeg

She did a fan club “off-white” repress of The Story which sold out in like 3 minutes a week or so ago. I was in a stupid meeting and it was announced and sold out very quickly. The mod said there would be plenty for everyone so I’m really hoping for a wider repress.

Oh wtf. I had no idea about that. Would have been on in a second (and missed it and been frustrated anyway)

Edit: @Kris Just joined this. Not sure how Ive been sleeping on this fan club but this press looks awesome. Really hoping they release more...

Last edited:

Pink or White Marble

Sparks4xLP_White_3_web_1800x1800.jpg

Stoked for this FAUST boxset

Absolutely essential. Is there any mastering info anywhere though?

Absolutely essential. Is there any mastering info anywhere though?
I also have to imagine that they will break out the studio albums under the Bureau B label at some point, maybe minus the singles and unreleased stuff. I have original pressings for So Far, Tapes, and IV but never picked up the debut on vinyl for some reason. Bureau B usually does solid work from the handful of records I have but I think almost everything is digital.

Pink or White Marble

Sparks4xLP_White_3_web_1800x1800.jpg

I wonder if this is worth buying for somebody who doesn't own any Sparks on vinyl? 🤔

I wonder if this is worth buying for somebody who doesn't own any Sparks on vinyl? 🤔
Maybe? If you just want some Sparks on vinyl, that seems like a pretty decent bang-to-back ratio. I'd probably recommend just picking up Kimono My House, Propaganda, Angst in My Pants, and/or No. 1 in Heaven for the sake of a deeper Sparks education, though.

Maybe? If you just want some Sparks on vinyl, that seems like a pretty decent bang-to-back ratio. I'd probably recommend just picking up Kimono My House, Propaganda, Angst in My Pants, and/or No. 1 in Heaven for the sake of a deeper Sparks education, though.

I've had some trouble finding any of their individual releases but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

I do wish this compilation had my favorite Sparks song, which is "I Married Myself" but that's from the early 2000's.

I've had some trouble finding any of their individual releases but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

I do wish this compilation had my favorite Sparks song, which is "I Married Myself" but that's from the early 2000's.
Maybe I spoke a bit brashly; after my comment I looked up a few albums on discogs and they go for a pretty penny. I only have No. 1 in Heaven, which I just found in a brick-and-mortar shop by chance.

I wonder if the documentary might result in some reissues. 🤞

Oh wtf. I had no idea about that. Would have been on in a second (and missed it and been frustrated anyway)

Edit: @Kris Just joined this. Not sure how Ive been sleeping on this fan club but this press looks awesome. Really hoping they release more...
It’s been worth the money to me. They did weekly live-stream shows for like $10 during the last year that really brightened quarantine time!

Welcome to the Bramily!

Maybe I spoke a bit brashly; after my comment I looked up a few albums on discogs and they go for a pretty penny. I only have No. 1 in Heaven, which I just found in a brick-and-mortar shop by chance.

I wonder if the documentary might result in some reissues. 🤞

We can only hope. I don't know if I've ever seen any of their albums while browsing local stores.

In the email that included this link from Tower Records (see image below), they're marketing this as a 50th anniversary edition of Joni Mitchell's Blue. This coincides with previous announcements of Joni's box set containing remasters of her first four albums, which noted that this was to celebrate Blue's 50th anniversary. All of which suggests that what Tower is offering is a breakout from the box set of the newly (?) remastered Blue. I sure wish there was more information available about whether and how this might differ from the 2007/2020 Rhino reissue that was lacquered by Boom Boom (and that I saw yesterday for $110 behind the counter at my local--they've really lost their fucking minds). And perhaps most interesting of all is that this doesn't appear to be a pre-order given there's no indication of a release date. It's all a bit confusing.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 1.44.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Back