Pre-Order Thread

I'm not sure my girlfriend is a big enough Tig Notaro fan to justify it, but worth noting for those looking that the only other pressing of this was a picture disc that goes for a decent penny now. This is also one of the most impressive and best standup sets of the last decade or so. The circumstances surrounding it compared with Tig's performance is legendary in comedy circles for good reason

1618585658424.png

Is that the covers of basement tapes songs? Is it any good? I’m always inherently sceptical of those types of projects.
I thought it was unfinished Dylan songs, not covers....

anyhow the another day concert was the genesis... T Bone invited members of Dawes, Jim James, Mumford, Rhiannon, and Elvis Costello. The Haims are on it. It’s pretty spectacular.

I thought it was unfinished Dylan songs, not covers....

anyhow the another day concert was the genesis... T Bone invited members of Dawes, Jim James, Mumford, Rhiannon, and Elvis Costello. The Haims are on it. It’s pretty spectacular.

Cheers @Lee Newman you’re right I’d only heard of it in passing before and thought that was what it was. Also I think Mumford was a headline listed artist and that probably put me off too at the time, I like the sound of the rest of them better!

I’ll give it a listen when I get a chance. Is it widely available on vinyl if it does dig its claws in?

Cheers @Lee Newman you’re right I’d only heard of it in passing before and thought that was what it was. Also I think Mumford was a headline listed artist and that probably put me off too at the time, I like the sound of the rest of them better!

I’ll give it a listen when I get a chance. Is it widely available on vinyl if it does dig its claws in?
Nope. That was the next thing I checked. It’s cheaper on cogs on your side of the Atlantic though.

It's pretty good! I posted about it, and the doc made during its recording, in the Dylan thread recently. Mumford is just one of five artists who worked on it. In the film it seems like Costello, Jim James, and the "guy from Dawes" were really the driving forces behind it.

I didn't go to it because I hated all three acts, but I remember Blink 182 came through Oklahoma with Maroon 5 and Bubbasparx lol.

I remember being up in Tulsa to see Broken Social Scene and just a few buildings down the street Swans were also playing a show. Wish I went to both lol

I saw Dave and the Roots at Alpine. It was the day after Rage played and there was a bad storm. I was done seeing Dave at this point but very excited about seeing The Roots. Needless to say I was way to excited, got super drunk. The hill had no grass, they covered it with straw, it was so slippery, I couldn’t stand one way or the other and don’t even remember the show left for the lot before Dave.
I was at this show. Just watching everyone slip down the muddy hill was entertaining in itself, though I'm sure everyone in my group did as well. I don't ever remember seeing The Roots at Alpine, so must of either been that drunk or just went in late and completely missed the opener, so that's sad!

Back