Pre-Order Thread

I'm a big fan so I guess that makes me one of the weird ones 😂 . They are mostly great mixes and end up being some of my most spun albums. Back when people could come over and hang out, we always tossed a LNT comp on because it's always a great mix of music and there's pretty much something for everyone on a lot of the mixes. The BBNG one is particularly great and there are a ton of other ones. Sure--I could play it on streaming, but you can say that for anything really...

I always find myself putting on a LNT comp when I'm not sure what I am in the mood to listen to. Most of them have a lot of care put into how the tracks flow from one song to another. I like seeing what influences all these bands and hearing the cover they chose to do.

Admittedly I haven’t spent much time with the them. I own the Floating Points and don’t care for it much, there are some great songs but they’re mixed in with the ambient sounds of metal legged chairs being drug across a cafeteria floor.

I'm a big fan so I guess that makes me one of the weird ones 😂 . They are mostly great mixes and end up being some of my most spun albums. Back when people could come over and hang out, we always tossed a LNT comp on because it's always a great mix of music and there's pretty much something for everyone on a lot of the mixes. The BBNG one is particularly great and there are a ton of other ones. Sure--I could play it on streaming, but you can say that for anything really...

I always find myself putting on a LNT comp when I'm not sure what I am in the mood to listen to. Most of them have a lot of care put into how the tracks flow from one song to another. I like seeing what influences all these bands and hearing the cover they chose to do.
I don't have experience with previous LNT comps, but your explanation about throwing them on with company struck with me in how I learned about Khruangbin. For the last three years, Khruangbin has been my friends' go-to hangout/background music and it always turns people on to their stuff. On top of the fact that Khruangbin is influenced by a lot of great world music, this should be pretty great. I will probably pick up this as my first LNT comp.

Yeah I'm another weirdly infatuated person, I suppose. I love them! And this is a good description...they're my "having company over" go-to records.

Though I am kinda tired of the white pressings, which seems to be LNT's M.O. for their own limited editions.

This is a serious question that may sound snarky, but are any GOF albums besides Entertainment! worth owning? It's the only one that I really know. I also wish the album they released in 2005ish where they re recorded a bunch of tracks was in this.
Solid Gold is quite great. Doesn’t quite reach the same highs as Entertainment! But it’s good nonetheless. Songs of the Free is solid too but I haven’t listened to anything outside of those three.

Back