Pre-Order Thread

Limited to 300 copies. Collection of demos and rarities. New album coming later this year as well.

RIYL: Joy Division, Interpol, Asylum Party, She Wants Revenge, Killing Joke etc.

I've seen Softkill before. I like them

With all these RSD releases popping up has anyone seen a link for the Levin Morby live album? Really looking forward to that one and wanna make sure I secure a copy.
Yes. I've seen it on some European sites, I believe. The French sites definitely have it. There should be some links in the RSD 2020 thread

EDIT:

Here's one

As @Dead C said, you can already pre-order a few records (mainly the French list) from French shops. So far, I've seen these records at Ground Zero, Walrus and Balades Sonores (curiously, both three shops are 5 minutes walking close to each other). I can ask for one copy and have it shipped to you if you want. Only thing is shipment, French post is crazy expensive (around $30 for 1 record).

Cavern of Anti-Matter OST (Tim Gane of Stereolab's band). Very excited about this. And just like the Stereolab reissues, a refreshingly reasonable - if not cheap - price for a 3LP preorder. Shipping hurts a bit, but not bad overall!

If I was a US company id absolutely do the same. Captive domestic market of 300 odd million and insane international postage costs. It costs me €13 to post most records to the US with An Post, the cost of shipping from US to Ireland with USPS is $24.50
Everyone keeps quoting exorbitant shipping prices but the end user pays for them. So surely doesn’t cost a shop anymore at all to send it cos customer pays for it. Same with eBay and discogs. Buyer pays it all. If shops only wanna sell domestically then fine but they are definitely missing out cos I buy a lot from various US stores. And I pay whatever the postage is.

Not a preorder but Newbury Comics store is back open.

Everyone keeps quoting exorbitant shipping prices but the end user pays for them. So surely doesn’t cost a shop anymore at all to send it cos customer pays for it. Same with eBay and discogs. Buyer pays it all. If shops only wanna sell domestically then fine but they are definitely missing out cos I buy a lot from various US stores. And I pay whatever the postage is.
This is from their FAQ:
We only ship within the U.S. at this time. Our current software does not allow the processing of foreign credit cards.

I know they mentioned that they hope to ship internationally at some point;

It's not just shipping costs, it is compliance with foreign laws and policies, taking foreign credit cards, having to make declarations and compliant with shipping policies, having your stock sent to places where tracking may be difficult or impossible, and it taking orders weeks, not days, to ship. And the likelihood of an item getting lost or damaged increases exponentially. I used to order records from the UK and damage/warping/significant delays were much greater than shippers a few states over. It's more than just slapping a $25 postage label on it.

Back