Pre-Order Thread

I counted 24 vinyl entries on Discogs. While I have a variant, I can safely say that this is one of my least favorite things about this hobby.
It doesn’t bother me that much since I’m not at all a completionist for color variants. Occasionally if I have the plain black version and another variant pops up that I like, I’ll sell or PIF the black version. I get more annoyed by stuff like what Tyler or The Weeknd does, where they release 50 variants in a slow constant drip and if you wait, you lose out but if you buy it’s almost guaranteed that a different variant you want is released the next day.

Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle Ltd/100
Half blue half clear is the only one left I believe

All gone now. I'll stick with my 2015 clear vinyl copy.

6131 is taking that album to the bank!
I counted 24 vinyl entries on Discogs. While I have a variant, I can safely say that this is one of my least favorite things about this hobby.
6131 is/was also home to Touché Amoré and some other hardcore/metal bands. Those bands fucking love a million different variants which I don’t understand. Like, the Discogs page will list all the different editions and there will be one that’s super rare clear edition for friends and family only out of 50 copies and it says “don’t ask for clear”. Why even bother mentioning it then? It’s so dumb.

6131 is/was also home to Touché Amoré and some other hardcore/metal bands. Those bands fucking love a million different variants which I don’t understand. Like, the Discogs page will list all the different editions and there will be one that’s super rare clear edition for friends and family only out of 50 copies and it says “don’t ask for clear”. Why even bother mentioning it then? It’s so dumb.

I variant collect Kevin Devine, The National, and Rural Alberta Advantage and somedays I want to stop because it gets ridiculous but there are absolutely worst bands out there to variant collect for. I also try to variant collect as I can, not all at once.

I variant collect Kevin Devine, The National, and Rural Alberta Advantage and somedays I want to stop because it gets ridiculous but there are absolutely worst bands out there to variant collect for. I also try to variant collect as I can, not all at once.

Not sure what this is about but if you're into Kevin Devine, you might check it out: 2020 Vault Release

Here's what an email said about it (this was sent yesterday so the 'tomorrow' is today).

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.06.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.07.31 AM.png

willie-dixon-i-am-the-blues-transparent-blue-vinyl-50th-anniversary-edition

Willie Dixon

I Am The Blues (transparent blue vinyl)
50th Anniversary Edition
BLUES
MUSIC ON VINYL 493
UPC: 8719262013766
Release Date: 6/5/2020

yeah... I kind of variant collect for the National. 2 copies of Boxer, 2 copies of TWFM, 3 SWB, 2 IAETF and soon to be 3 of HV.... do I really need them though

Also Nothing is who I was thinking of before.

1588695992119.png

yeah... I kind of variant collect for the National. 2 copies of Boxer, 2 copies of TWFM, 3 SWB, 2 IAETF and soon to be 3 of HV.... do I really need them though

Also Nothing is who I was thinking of before.

View attachment 45102

Haha possibly in the interest of "full disclosure," OR, someone related is sitting on a few of them and willing to sell for an offer that can't be refused o_O

Back