Pre-Order Thread

All these Fiona variants popping up now...anybody else most excited about the plain black version that matches the rest of her vinyl catalog?
Tbh I think straight black vinyl fits the tone/mood of the album the best too. None of the other color variants I've seen have made me want to go so far as to cancel my order. VMP's purple is kind of neat I guess but theres absolutely no way I'm stepping into a minefield with them to get a variant of an album I already ordered.

All these Fiona variants popping up now...anybody else most excited about the plain black version that matches the rest of her vinyl catalog?
I’m going to tell myself that I am, since they’re not responding to my request to cancel the preorder

Not only am i not excited, but I'm so mad about their stupid no cancel BS policy that I am hellbent on getting a refund as soon as it arrives.

This was a really slimy album rollout- lock in everyone that was waiting the most for it with no peep about indie variants for two weeks. I'll support an indie over Music Today 100 time out of 100.

Yeah, the only one I am slightly concerned about on my list was the Radio Dept. I received a shipping notice from the at the end of March and it has not yet arrived. I know it shipped from Europe so I am sure customs is slowed by covid but I have placed an order from Japan and a couple from Canada in the mean time and both arrived really fast. I figure I will reach out in the next week if I haven’t heard anything,
A couple of folks in the Radio Dept. Facebook group have said the same thing. Shipped end of March and then nothing. My guess is that it’s being held somewhere right now.

A couple of folks in the Radio Dept. Facebook group have said the same thing. Shipped end of March and then nothing. My guess is that it’s being held somewhere right now.
Good thanks for the heads up, well not good that we have to wait but that they're likely not lost in the mail somewhere. I am a fairly patient with person when it come to record mail orders. Hopefully they will get moving again soon.

if you or @TenderLovingKiller® get any more info (or the record), can you let me know? I'm not on Facebook, so I rely on this site for developments. I'll do the same.

Thankfully my list is quite tame. If it’s got a question mark after it, it means I haven’t bought it yet but am considering it. If there’s Only a Dollar amount after, it means I haven’t purchased yet, but probably will in that month. I also try to lay out when everything will possibly be shipping and arriving. Also need to put the frank ocean singles in here under unknown, and my VMP for this month

569949B0-6E51-4067-A718-7539A21269B8.jpeg

Here's my list--a few pre-orders, some Blue Notes delayed with a pre-order, and the rest just in the "waiting" zone.
  • Joni Mitchell - Blue, 180g Rhino repress
  • Duke Ellington – Money Jungle (Tone Poet)
  • Pete LaRoca – Basra (BN80)
  • Stanley Turrentine – Comin Your Way (Tone Poet)
  • Donald Byrd – Chant (Tone Poet)
  • Joe Henderson – State of the Tenor, Vol. 2 (Tone Poet)
  • NOFX – The Decline Live at Red Rocks
  • Fiona Apple – Fetch the Bolt Cutters
  • Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher
  • ‘Til Tuesday – Voices Carry (white smoke vinyl repress)
  • Molly Sarle – Karoke Angel
  • Florist – Emily Alone
  • Foxwarren – Foxwarren
  • Cannonball Adderly – Somethin’ Else (MMJ)
  • Sylvan Esso – With
  • Johanna Warren – Chaotic Good

Last edited:
Good thanks for the heads up, well not good that we have to wait but that they're likely not lost in the mail somewhere. I am a fairly patient with person when it come to record mail orders. Hopefully they will get moving again soon.
pretty much everything coming from Europe for the past 6 weeks or so is still sitting at a postal site in the country of origin. If tracking says departed country of origin that means it is in the queue and processed for departure, waiting for the next available flight - of which there are few, and in some countries, none. The number of packages vastly exceeds the few flights available so there is a huge backlog. Some European countries are not accepting international packages as there is no more storage space and they can't even bring in more staff as they are on lockdown. FedEx and UPS are still quite reliable from Europe though.

Back