Pre-Order Thread

And here it is on Rough Trade exclusive ivory vinyl: https://rghtrd.co/cctgsocial
I guess I prefer the $15 cheaper direct buy from the label haha

I also wonder if VMP is sitting on one. I saw an allusion to a new release exclusive coming (possibly) this week, in addition to the Torres announcement.

I just asked Storf on reddit and he said no
Good. I don't want to see them come out without something infinitely cooler, but also too expensive. Honestly lately they miss the cool factor by a fair margin more and more too as far as the color variants go. There have been two recent releases I've ignored entirely due to them being brown. Who tf wants brown vinyl?

Also, if you have followed Italians Do It Better you know this will be continually repressed in a multitude of colors over the next decade or so. No rush.

And I'd rather support the label directly... They always throw in lots of free goodies too... Extra LPs, 45s, CDs, turntable mats, posters ... They're the best

1572375734050.png

A couple few years ago, what is time anyway, we were freaked out by the opportunity to press the acoustic version of Mansions' incredible 2011 album Dig Up The Dead on vinyl for the first time. Now, we're still freaking out and we're bringing you a new pressing of the record in its original presentation.
Dig Up The Dead should need no introduction in this space, but suffice to say for now that it's a special piece of indie/emo that established a dedicated following upon its original release seven years ago and has somehow continued to grow in the intervening years. The first verse of the opening title track still stands out to me, still gives me chills even after an untold number of listens.
This pressing of Dig Up The Dead is limited to 500 copies on a beautiful White Inside Transparent Orange variant. You can see photos of the variant in the images on the left of this page (or on the top of the page, if you're on a pocket computer).
We'll also have three bundle options available with previous releases that we've teamed up with Mansions on. Through now more than six years of running BTR, working with Mansions stands out as one of our absolute highlights and we hope this release inspires you to rediscover Dig Up The Dead this fall [here's a Bandcamp link], which is objectively the best season to listen to this album. Please read the bundle information below.

New Dan Deacon coming

I have an issue I can't get over with Dan Deacon. I met him at Pickathon and even shot a portrait of him while we were talking. Nice enough guy and he put on a good show. But during his 2nd set in the woods, while he was babbling in the mic, he decided to announce to all the kids that Santa was fake. If my son was with us that year, I would have approached him. It was some awkward highshool energy where he thought he was funny/clever. Just made me want to crack him in the head.

Last edited:
I have an issue I can't get over with Dan Deacon. I met him at Pickathon and even shot a portrait of him while we were talking. Nice enough guy and he put on a good show. But during his 2nd set in the woods, while he was babbling in the mic, he decided to announce to all the kids that Santa was fake. If my son was with us that year, I would have approacher him. It was some awkward highshool energy where he thought he was funny/clever. Just made me want to crack him in the head.
I mean Santa IS fake....

Idk hes one of my favorite acts of the last decade hands down. Fun and inventive live shows, not a bad album in the bunch and a really cool guy the two times I've spoken with him.

This is true! It seems to work out for them though. The last pressings of Night Drive and Kill for Love have been OOS for a bit now.
I just bought a friend Kill For Love (pink) from... Amoeba (maybe?) like two weeks ago for normal retail. So it’s definitely out there in retail channels still.

another variation (think that makes 5 now?). this one is "limited to 2,000" but we all know what that means when it comes to UO pressings...

Someone PLEASE @ me when you see the VMP Rising Artist "Still Woozy" go up!
Storf said it's sometime in November...they are also selling it at their shows. I'm a bit confused by it though because the EP that is being released is only 5 tracks and I think under 15 min of music total. I am hoping that it's a few of their EPs together otherwise not sure it's worth the inevitable $25+ VMP will charge.

do they (MusicVaultz) charge you right away or once the record is shipped? I really really don't want to encourage this pricing but with the VAULTZVIP code and free shipping it comes to 54CAD instead of 74 and I really really REALLY like this variant
I think they wait till the item ships? But don't quote me on that. I just went and looked at my statement and I don't see a charge for my Pesky Blinders pre order.

Whether I have kids or not has nothing to do with Dan Deacon or if Santa is real or not, so I fail to see why you care. I was just stating that Santa isnt real and that i enjoy Dan Deacon, it had nothing to do with your kid so let's just leave it at that.

That's a total bullshit response.

The world is full of people that aren't directly affected by things explaining to the people who are how they should feel about them.

Back