Pre-Order Thread

I can’t see the price (for some reason my network blocks bullmoose) but I’d guess €200 (€10 x 23 plus an approx 10% less for being in a box).
Yes, I had to use my VPN to see it (weird how Bullmoose blocks us). I think it was $209 with $20ish knocked off as discount. I was similar maths as you - 10 £/$/€ per disc...

Anyone order the Frakkur 2000-2004 3LP from Sigur Ros' online store and not yet get it? I got a shipping notice like 2 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived, and I'm trying to figure out if enough time has passed for me to follow up with them. I feel like usually my orders from them show up quicker, but I could just be making that up.

Some Deerhoof Reissues...

No official announcement yet, but first pre-orders popped up.
As always highly recommended.

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Patchouli Blue
691475.jpg

This blog post suggests that the Beatles box set will use covers from different countries around the world, and not be remastered or remixed. Not sure how credible but this may reduce its desirability for me...

so I did a bit of research about the sleeves and it actually makes a whole lot more sense now!

In the uk the Beatles only ever had 2 picture sleeves. All the rest of thier singles came in generic parlophone/apple paper sleeves. The only two uk picture sleeves are being used but they are going on a world tour for the other 20 sleeves. Free as a Bird/Real Love is getting a reworking of the 90s sleeve to have it as an AA rather than two singles each with its own b side.

so I did a bit of research about the sleeves and it actually makes a whole lot more sense now!

In the uk the Beatles only ever had 2 picture sleeves. All the rest of thier singles came in generic parlophone/apple paper sleeves. The only two uk picture sleeves are being used but they are going on a world tour for the other 20 sleeves. Free as a Bird/Real Love is getting a reworking of the 90s sleeve to have it as an AA rather than two singles each with its own b side.
I'm sure you're right. But some of these have v identifiable "normal" sleeves ie Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane, which I have what I thought was an OG looking like this
SF1.jpg
but according to that blog they'll use the Danish version, which looks like this according to Discogs
SF2.jpg

Oh right, the list I saw said that Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane and Let It Be were the only two UK releases with picture sleeves and that they were using those two! If the above is the case then you are 100% right, that’s a shocking call!

Back