Pre-Order Thread

I am really bummed at how the reviews are looking so far. Not really surprised that it seems to be love it or hate it but it is harder for me to take the chance these days when we barely get out of the house on account of the little ones.
The joys of not having children.

Pros: disposable income and the ability to ride my scooter to a weekday matinee any time The mood strikes me.

Cons: Never having a reason to go to Chuck E Cheese and play skeeball; dying alone.

Post-script: we all die alone

Pros: disposable income and the ability to ride my scooter to a weekday matinee any time The mood strikes me.

Cons: Never having a reason to go to Chuck E Cheese and play skeeball; dying alone.

I have been to Chuck E Cheese 3x in the past calendar year. The objective for all of the adults was to WIN ALL THE TICKETS WE COULD for the little kids. I parked out at skeeball all 3x. I worked up a sweat. And loved every minute of it.

I have been to Chuck E Cheese 3x in the past calendar year. The objective for all of the adults was to WIN ALL THE TICKETS WE COULD for the little kids. I parked out at skeeball all 3x. I worked up a sweat. And loved every minute of it.
I’m envious. I mean there are a few taverns around here that have a skeeball machine but none of them offer the prospects of winning enough tickets to acquire the likes of glow-in-dark spider rings, kazoos, or pleather Chuck E Cheese wallets. Also no giant anamorphic rats singing parody songs about pizza and/or cheese.

Last edited:
I’m envious. I mean there are afew taverns around here that have a skeeball machine but none of them offer the prospects of winning enough tickets to acquire the likes of glow-in-dark spider rings, kazoos, or pleather Chuck E Cheese wallets. Also no giant anamorphic rats singing parody songs about pizza and/or cheese.
If only a human sized rodent with opposable thumbs would sing me the classic Meat Loaf song "I'd Do Anything for Cheese"

I’m envious. I mean there are a few taverns around here that have a skeeball machine but none of them offer the prospects of winning enough tickets to acquire the likes of glow-in-dark spider rings, kazoos, or pleather Chuck E Cheese wallets. Also no giant anamorphic rats singing parody songs about pizza and/or cheese.
My niece just turned 3. She has incredible boundaries.

That giant creepy rat kept hugging her and touching her and singing to her. She finally looked at him and very seriously said, "I don't want you to touch me anymore." With the biggest scowl on her face.

I was so proud.

My niece just turned 3. She has incredible boundaries.

That giant creepy rat kept hugging her and touching her and singing to her. She finally looked at him and very seriously said, "I don't want you to touch me anymore." With the biggest scowl on her face.

I was so proud.
Yeah, I preferred the animatronic “characters” that preformed a quasi vaudeville act. The creepy guy in the suit was never great.

Yeah, I preferred the animatronic “characters” that preformed a quasi vaudeville act. The creepy guy in the suit was never great.

I don't know if it was just a regional thing but I much preferred going to Bullwinkle's when I was a kid ... It was basically the same as Chuck E Cheese, but with a Rocky & Bullwinkle animatronic show...

I don't know if it was just a regional thing but I much preferred going to Bullwinkle's when I was a kid ... It was basically the same as Chuck E Cheese, but with a Rocky & Bullwinkle animatronic show...

I am unfamiliar with that one. In Central IL we had a rival operation called “Showbiz Pizza” but Mr. Cheese acquired all of them and switched over to Chuck E Cheese’s

Fun fact: the “E” in Chuck E. Cheese stands for “Entertainment” so the Rat’s full name is: Charles Entertainment Cheese.

I am unfamiliar with that one. In Central IL we had a rival operation called “Showbiz Pizza” but Mr. Cheese acquired all of them and switched over to Chuck E Cheese’s

Fun fact: the “E” in Chuck E. Cheese stands for “Entertainment” so the Rat’s full name is: Charles Entertainment Cheese.
There was a Showbiz Pizza in Fayetteville, AR and here in Louisiana too. There were no Rocky and Bullwinkles anywhere around here.

Went to the Showbiz in Decatur quite a bit as a youngin

Ikebe Shakedown

Pink Limited 1500

Love these guys

Both of these posts are connected for me. The first time that I ever knowingly heard Ikebe Shakedown, I caught it on video, because my son started dancing. We were walking by a sushi joint at the mall and they had it blasting outside. I later used this clip to search the audio and find out who it was.

#thejoysofhavingchildren

Last edited:
The band from Showbiz Pizza was called Rock A Fire Explosion. I watched a short doc once about a guy who acquired the full set up with all of the animatronic characters from the band. He was able to program them to perform any songs that he wanted.

I was looking for it, but came across this first. It has to be the same dude

Back