Pre-Order Thread

Came on here to post the same thing :ROFLMAO:

Looks like an interesting collection of musician on here, with some long tracks. The sample track is fantastic, and im pretty sure they released the Ron Mathewson's Mystery Machine 'A love supreme' as a single earlier in the year.
We did indeed. Tracks 1, 3, and 4 are already available digitally on our Bandcamp page, but the versions on this LP have all been remastered and sound significantly better than the current ones ;-)

I listened to half of it over lunch. It seems like it might be a low burn for me. I really liked the songs as I was listening but couldn't describe a single one to you right now.

I'm not sure if this was a typo or not but I interpreted "low burn" as a descriptor for an album that you're expecting you might get into with more listens [a "slow burn"], but just never really ever gets there for you. and it made me chuckle and now I will be using it as a gentle way of telling people I'm not into something

I'm not sure if this was a typo or not but I interpreted "low burn" as a descriptor for an album that you're expecting you might get into with more listens [a "slow burn"], but just never really ever gets there for you. and it made me chuckle and now I will be using it as a gentle way of telling people I'm not into something
Whoops. Definitely meant SLOW burn! It's kind of the same as MMJ Waterfall II. I liked the songs, only a few initially stood out to me but eventually it all grows on me.

We did indeed. Tracks 1, 3, and 4 are already available digitally on our Bandcamp page, but the versions on this LP have all been remastered and sound significantly better than the current ones ;-)
Fantastic! Cant wait to for it to arrive. My copy of Subversion Through Jazz turned up yesterday so I'm all set for a while now!

Actually emailed to see about the variant count on the red FF. Got this response just now:

We're sorry for the confusion. The demand was much higher than anticipated, so, to help make this variant available for a slightly longer window of time and to allow more fans to participate in the release, it was decided to increase the number of copies that would be made available from 500 to 1000.

Again, we apologize for any frustration caused by this development. If you have any further questions or have any issues with your order, please let us know and we'll act accordingly.

Best regards,
Dave
Customer Service
Fleet Foxes Online Store

So now the red is the best looking (and most earthy), the most limited and was a couple bucks cheaper than VMP? Excuse me...

View attachment 67232

And, the red will apparently be signed or include a signed insert. Over on the reddit, someone got a response exactly like @sjaygray did, quoted above, that also said these red ones would be signed, maybe making up for the 500->1,000 thing.

Negative points to Edward Sharpe for his faux hippie persona. FJM puts off a more faux hipster vibe, but I feel he still brings more to the table surrounding earnest art.

As for the Elton movie, are you saying FJM is an Elton ripoff or that Elton was fake? Or that the actor that played Elton was fake? Or that THE WHOLE INDUSTRY IS FAKE AGHHHHHHHH
And what about that David Bowie (if that IS his real name) joker, what’s his deal? I am starting to think that he really is NOT an alien from Mars.

Back