Pre-Order Thread

Packaging is great. I ordered twice from them and the records were out of the sleeves to avoid any seem splits. They sometimes underestimate parcel weight and that is why they say they can have to charge you a little bit more. You have an option to allow them to charge you automatically or they can ask your approval (means it will delay your shipment by a day or two, not a big deal). In both cases, I don't remember I had to pay a huge difference.

My main concern with HMV is customs. You never know exactly how much you'll end paying. Amazon, on the other hand, charges you upfront for customs so you don't have to worry about how much more you'll have to pay. Amazon packaging is also not so good as HMV's.
Nice thanks, yeah I put the order in for Modal and First Collection, getting Metaphorical from my local. But they'll bulk ship and Modal doesn't come out till Feb 26th so it's gunna be a while. Duty scares me though. These are gunna be close to 65 per record without duty...

Amazon Japan was incredibly fast. At least for me when I ordered Metaphorical Music when it first came out. I got that sucker in just over a week.
Agreed, I ordered the Khruangbin Comp thru Amazon.Jp and had it in less than a week. Though DHL managed to completely annihilate the shipping box the record itself was in perfect condition.

Mine was rather fast for the Khruangbin live album but the packaging was horrible and it came with a corner bent over, and unlike amazon US, I had to send it back if I wanted anything done about it.
Really? Lucky!
Amazon US requires me to send back damaged items.

Amazon Japan was incredibly fast. At least for me when I ordered Metaphorical Music when it first came out. I got that sucker in just over a week.

Yup! If I remember well, they shipped my order on a Monday evening (Japanese time) and I received the package on Friday morning (French time).

Nice thanks, yeah I put the order in for Modal and First Collection, getting Metaphorical from my local. But they'll bulk ship and Modal doesn't come out till Feb 26th so it's gunna be a while. Duty scares me though. These are gunna be close to 65 per record without duty...

These are more or less $/€50 every where, no matter how much time you wait. Buying it right when it is announced just helps to make sure you'll have the record in hands. You can wait but record may go out of stock and price may increase very fast. Some Japanese records prices are absolutely crazy in the 2nd hand market.

Well now I have the fear.

They packed my records like a tank. It was something that stood out to me about them

What @Dead C said. At HMV they ship the records in record mailers, super well packed and protected. Shit can happens but they do their best to make sure their customers receives their items in good shape. Amazon not. Two weeks ago I received 2 records and 6 CD from them. One record was in a record mailer, the other was in the box "just like that" with the CD, some bubble wrap and that's it. Fortunately I received everything in a perfect shape and, as I said above, super fast.

That's not real, you made that up.

Or that Diseased Camel Clutch Purse reissue? Dying to get my hands on that one.

See, I can make up names too.
Lol

1579543218451.png

US supply of this LP will be very limited. We suggest your pre-order ASAP if you NEED this. Please understand that your order is not guaranteed until the vinyl is spinning on your turntable.
The masterpiece ''Modal Soul'' finally release on vinyl.You can see his musical vision by this album. Modal Soul is the second full-length album by Japanese hip-hop artist Nujabes, released on November 11, 2005, on Nujabes' own record label Hydeout Productions. Like its predecessor, Metaphorical Music, Modal Soul fuses jazzy, smooth rhythms and hip hop. The album features artists Cise Starr (of CYNE), Akin, Terry Callier, Shing02, Substantial, Pase Rock, Apani B and Uyama Hiroto.

View attachment 30003

US supply of this LP will be very limited. We suggest your pre-order ASAP if you NEED this. Please understand that your order is not guaranteed until the vinyl is spinning on your turntable.
The masterpiece ''Modal Soul'' finally release on vinyl.You can see his musical vision by this album. Modal Soul is the second full-length album by Japanese hip-hop artist Nujabes, released on November 11, 2005, on Nujabes' own record label Hydeout Productions. Like its predecessor, Metaphorical Music, Modal Soul fuses jazzy, smooth rhythms and hip hop. The album features artists Cise Starr (of CYNE), Akin, Terry Callier, Shing02, Substantial, Pase Rock, Apani B and Uyama Hiroto.
Over 50 bucks, ouch...

Would Amazon Japan be cheaper perhaps?

First 500 are signed
Anybody else tracking the sliding release date on this? Originally it was supposed to be released in November, I think. Most recently, it got updated from a 1/24 to a 2/14 release.

Back