Pre-Order Thread

Challenge accepted!

I find it hilariously ironic that they're working with Beck, a musician whose closest connection to the blues was over 20y ago writing an album that was, to put it kindly, either a sad hipster take on Prince or a pale imitation of soul music

(Never thought much of him & once inadvertently blew up a first date by sharing a similar take about MV sometime in the mid- to late-00s, after which she declared he was her all-time favorite musician)
At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, I have to admit that Beck's involvement doesn't exactly have me looking forward to this project. I like him, and I like the Black Keys, but there's no way a collaboration between the two doesn't bring out the most inoffensive, commercial-friendly parts of each other. I hope I'm proven wrong (worth noting that I have yet to listen to the lead single).

At the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, I have to admit that Beck's involvement doesn't exactly have me looking forward to this project. I like him, and I like the Black Keys, but there's no way a collaboration between the two doesn't bring out the most inoffensive, commercial-friendly parts of each other. I hope I'm proven wrong (worth noting that I have yet to listen to the lead single).
this reminds me that I should listen to that.

I don't know if they've recorded together before but my wife's first exposure to The Black Keys was when they opened for Beck probably 20+ years ago

The article that came out a couple of weeks ago said this new Black Keys release was supposed to be a double album with Beck playing on at least half of the tracks.

Challenge accepted!

I find it hilariously ironic that they're working with Beck, a musician whose closest connection to the blues was over 20y ago writing an album that was, to put it kindly, either a sad hipster take on Prince or a pale imitation of soul music

(Never thought much of him & once inadvertently blew up a first date by sharing a similar take about MV sometime in the mid- to late-00s, after which she declared he was her all-time favorite musician)
Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Missed a lot of the Black Keys talk but apparently the double album got scrapped and they're doing this one and an EP later on this year. There's a song with Alice Cooper that was supposed to be on this one that I'm assuming will be on the EP.

They were the band that finally connected my dad and I musically. We've seen them together a half dozen times or so without mentioning when I've seen them with others. As an Akron resident now, my love for the Keys has only increased. Met them in 2022 after their show here and they were both very cool. Actually chatted with Dan's dad more than anyone.

The only Keys album that I actively dislike is Turn Blue, although I'm pretty burnt out of Brothers and El Camino material. The past 3 have been good, but not GREAT. I just revisited Dropout Boogie and I like it more now than when it first came out.

Anyways, I really like this new single. Excited for new material + a tour hopefully.

Missed a lot of the Black Keys talk but apparently the double album got scrapped and they're doing this one and an EP later on this year. There's a song with Alice Cooper that was supposed to be on this one that I'm assuming will be on the EP.

They were the band that finally connected my dad and I musically. We've seen them together a half dozen times or so without mentioning when I've seen them with others. As an Akron resident now, my love for the Keys has only increased. Met them in 2022 after their show here and they were both very cool. Actually chatted with Dan's dad more than anyone.

The only Keys album that I actively dislike is Turn Blue, although I'm pretty burnt out of Brothers and El Camino material. The past 3 have been good, but not GREAT. I just revisited Dropout Boogie and I like it more now than when it first came out.

Anyways, I really like this new single. Excited for new material + a tour hopefully.
Brothers was where I jumped on and I find it and Attack & Release to be just above Turn Blue at the bottom of their discography.

1705186470250.png

Horrorpops/Bring It On! (Zia Exclusive)@Red With Black And White Splatter@Limited To 300

Horrorpops

Bring It On! (Zia Exclusive)​

Red With Black And White Splatter
Limited To 300

Back