Pre-Order Thread

1698417084189.png

1698417180902.png

View attachment 185688

@Mather ..I know you were talking bout Mazzy Star in audiophile thread..wonder who pressed this one

If any of you are going to Fest this weekend.

F9ZPL1oXYAAjfa8

@Mather ..I know you were talking bout Mazzy Star in audiophile thread..wonder who pressed this one
Yeah I dunno, but from what I've read those "RSD Essentials" have not been great, on the whole. Most of them seem to be US pressings from dubious sources at places like Memphis Record Pressing and PRP. Out of 57 records under that "RSD ESSENTIAL" label I've found like one that has good reviews. Basically just seems like a cash grab.

Last edited:
the-who-by-numbers-lp.png

quadrophenia_1.png

Are these half-speed remasters any good? They really hype the process but it has the whiff of marketing BS to me...

@Biscuit Yellow here, move fast.
You rock my friend @Twentytwo thank you!

1698422303439.png

Yeah I dunno, but from what I've read those "RSD Essentials" have not been great, on the whole. Most of them seem to be US pressings from dubious sources at places like Memphis Record Pressing and PRP. Out of 57 records under that "RSD ESSENTIAL" label I've found like one that has good reviews. Basically just seems like a cash grab.
If we’re really honest with ourselves, all record store day releases are a cash grab

If we’re really honest with ourselves, all record store day releases are a cash grab
Agreed but these appear to be even more so, they don't seem to all use established sources, and they mostly seem to be pretty cheaply pressed and again, my main reasoning is that I can find almost none of them that actually have good reviews.

Back