Pre-Order Thread

of all the DMB shows I saw, this was by far the least memorable so of course it gets a Live Trax release

a strange choice on the surface, for sure. they still got my money for the vinyl, though, because i can't, uh, help myself.

My mailcarrier after I order this boxset:

View attachment 185503
My wife when I clicked on the link.
the-office-i-will.gif

My wife might kill me if I show her the link. Best not to poke the bear.

Legit.

I had just been out driving the 2-year-old who woke up at EXTRA ass-o'clock around for two hours while my wife went back to sleep so I was riding a wave of feisty exhaustion when I decided poking would be fun. 🙃

My mailcarrier after I order this boxset:

View attachment 185503

Although I’m passing on this mega box it does pay to take good care or ur reg mail carrier. I give used vinyl rejects to my carrier and an annual Xmas gift. In return she handles my boxes with care, encourages the sorters to do the same, and calls me to meet at the mail truck for pickup when things get heavy. A win/win. :).

of all the DMB shows I saw, this was by far the least memorable so of course it gets a Live Trax release
That's such a bummer. I saw them there in '96. It was one of the best concerts I'd ever been to. (I know they have a recording of it, because they released "Little Thing" on a Warehouse CD)
Then I saw them there in '99. It was the worst DMB concert I'd ever been to.

Happy to see a Cleveland show get released, but I'd been hoping for that '96 show. 😕

one of the positives of this dmb release, i guess, is that it is from the last full tour where it was just the five of them and no supplemental musicians. no butch, no tim, no ladies, nobody. my first dmb show was a few days before this one (12/3, the tour opener) and is the only time i saw that version of the band. everyday came out the next year and that tour started with only the band but within a few shows butch and the ladies were regulars. so, this is probably only one of a couple released shows where songs like jtr and bartender feature only the band.

one of the positives of this dmb release, i guess, is that it is from the last full tour where it was just the five of them and no supplemental musicians. no butch, no tim, no ladies, nobody. my first dmb show was a few days before this one (12/3, the tour opener) and is the only time i saw that version of the band. everyday came out the next year and that tour started with only the band but within a few shows butch and the ladies were regulars. so, this is probably only one of a couple released shows where songs like jtr and bartender feature only the band.

A read a comment over on Ants that said that Roi is fantastic during the show so that I why I ordered. I have a difficult time saying no to any live release with him on it.

This tour was actually the last time I’d seen em live. From 1998 to 2000 I saw them around a donzen times but when I got to college I started getting more into Indie Rock and then Everyday was released instead of The Lillywhite Sessions and moved further away still. Core DMB is the main DMB I know.

That's such a bummer. I saw them there in '96. It was one of the best concerts I'd ever been to. (I know they have a recording of it, because they released "Little Thing" on a Warehouse CD)
Then I saw them there in '99. It was the worst DMB concert I'd ever been to.

Happy to see a Cleveland show get released, but I'd been hoping for that '96 show. 😕
That 96 show was my first s show i ever went to with my friends. Great show! Agree that would have been the better release

I'm ready to pre-order the upcoming Grandaddy album. Lay it on me, Dangerbird, where it at!?!?!

Single is built on some truly divine office melancholy themes, and the lo-fi vid is perfect.

I think it popped up as I was writing this! Here it is.

Now that that's settled, I'm ready for a tour announcement!!!!! That would be the best.

I know this is going to be a blazing hot take, but I actually prefer their live sound with Tim. But that's mainly because I'm a guitar player and prefer the layer that it adds.

Here's a more limited variant of the Grandaddy of /350.

1698240541258.png

1698240576682.png

Back