Pre-Order Thread

Who else is in your power pop section? Matthew Sweet?
Not sure how Sloan wasn't mentioned! But yes...Sloan, Matthew Sweet, Velvet Crush, Big Star, Cotton Mather/Future Clouds & Radar, Chris Bell, Jonny Polanski, Marshall Crenshaw, Dirty Looks, Mike Viola, Any Trouble, Teenage Fanclub, Fountains of Wayne, The Toms, Nada Surf, 20/20, Material Issue, Eugene Edwards, Emitt Rhodes, The Shazam, Splitsville, Parthenon Huxley, Jellyfish, The Bongos...to name a few :)

Here's a few classics!

Not sure how Sloan wasn't mentioned! But yes...Sloan, Matthew Sweet, Velvet Crush, Big Star, Cotton Mather/Future Clouds & Radar, Chris Bell, Jonny Polanski, Marshall Crenshaw, Dirty Looks, Mike Viola, Any Trouble, Teenage Fanclub, Fountains of Wayne, The Toms, Nada Surf, 20/20, Material Issue, Eugene Edwards, Emitt Rhodes, The Shazam, Splitsville, Parthenon Huxley, Jellyfish, The Bongos...to name a few :)

Here's a few classics!

I mentioned Sloan (see above)! 😉

Here's a few classics!

No discussion of artists similar to Jellyfish would be complete without mentioning a couple of their members.

Jason Falkner left after the first Jellyfish album and his solo records are perfection (especially the first two). Roger Manning Jr. has been in a lot of bands over the years, but his solo album The Land Of Pure Imagination is one of my favorite records of all time. Both Roger and Jason are also part of Beck's touring band and have played on most of his albums over the last 20 years.

I'd also recommend the band Einstein's Sister. They've recently reunited after a long abscence but it's catchy power pop from a band that's heavily influenced by Squeeze and Crowded House.

No discussion of artists similar to Jellyfish would be complete without mentioning a couple of their members.

Jason Falkner left after the first Jellyfish album and his solo records are perfection (especially the first two). Roger Manning Jr. has been in a lot of bands over the years, but his solo album The Land Of Pure Imagination is one of my favorite records of all time. Both Roger and Jason are also part of Beck's touring band and have played on most of his albums over the last 20 years.

I'd also recommend the band Einstein's Sister. They've recently reunited after a long abscence but it's catchy power pop from a band that's heavily influenced by Squeeze and Crowded House.
Totally agree! I was able to grab a couple of those Roger Joseph Manning records at reasonable prices. Would like to see those Falkner albums pressed, along with The Grays. Didn't know they were in Beck's band, but shoulda recognized when we saw him last year. Maybe just forgot.

Back