Pre-Order Thread

I mean who am I kidding. I’ll probably stick on the CD tomorrow, think it could sound better and end up smashing in a preorder!
Just threw on Blue Monday really loud. Purchased.

Highly recommend this if you are looking for something to watch tonight

I smash the button pretty much immediately on all standard reissues of Joy Division and New Order. Unfortunately, NO likes to release lots of weird deluxe versions of things I have no interest in.

I smash the button pretty much immediately on all standard reissues of Joy Division and New Order. Unfortunately, NO likes to release lots of weird deluxe versions of things I have no interest in.

I think that like Joy Division they remastered the whole standard album catelogue in 2015 and they have just remained in print on black vinyl and sound great. The boxes use that same master for the album on vinyl but contain lots of bonus anniversary stuff on CD and DVD if you want it. If not just get the standard, they’re pretty well priced.

They also had tendencies to let weird obscure remixes to slip out. I think there was a 90s cd reissue of this that had an unreleased mix of Confusion and the Aussie remix of another track. That disappeared pretty fast.

I think that like Joy Division they remastered the whole standard album catelogue in 2015 and they have just remained in print on black vinyl and sound great. The boxes use that same master for the album on vinyl but contain lots of bonus anniversary stuff on CD and DVD if you want it. If not just get the standard, they’re pretty well priced.
I only need substance and I am done, there. I have the color versions of the reissues of Unknown Pleasures, Closer, and Still and have the Heart and Soul box on CD. Honestly, I don't even need Substance, but I WANTZ IT.

Same, I have an OG of Substance and don't feel the need to 'upgrade'. But it they had all those other tracks from the cd's...
Same… I’ve had a blast listening to mine over the years and will stick with it unless this reissue ends up really discounted. “Perfect Kiss” is my jam.

What I do still need is the Joy Division Substance.

Same… I’ve had a blast listening to mine over the years and will stick with it unless this reissue ends up really discounted. “Perfect Kiss” is my jam.

What I do still need is the Joy Division Substance.
1963 is a top 5 New Order song for me - grabbed this on the cheap to scratch that itch

i got the wilson pickett clear version and it sucked IMO. think it was some generic cut.

VMP is doing Phases next year and I'd bet almost anything it will sound better than the generic releases Atlantic is doing. Weird they are doing so many titles in multiple releases for this series.
I listened to the first side of the Charles today. I stand by Phases being pretty good. The Charles feels compressed, but sounds fine once it is cranked a bit. Looking at discogs reviews, it might be the source is fucked.

Not so much a preorder, since it's out -- but this one got by all of us:

Folk Implosion - Music For Kids

FI_musicForKids_LP_mock_silver.jpg

Material from KIDS and Dare To Be Surprised. Can't believe I didn't know it was coming!

Not so much a preorder, since it's out -- but this one got by all of us:

Folk Implosion - Music For Kids

View attachment 182308

Material from KIDS and Dare To Be Surprised. Can't believe I didn't know it was coming!
I forgot about Folk implosion!

Back