Pre-Order Thread

91PbgwQd+0L._SX425_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B0CF827FFM

image_e5f5ef7f-ad10-413c-b296-5d044fcded7a.png

Mommy_sLittleMonsterVinylReissuefront.png

Knocked-Loose-A-Different-Shade-of-Blue-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2519428_1024x1024.jpg

CLBM02-LP_1600x.png

KRS738_vinyl_12in_SQ_300x.jpg

Who’s in??
Not me. This is pure greed, bordering on theft. Taking advantage of the stupid.

Most of these titles have excellent 33 pressings readily available, and quite a few are in the 30 minute range.

The Genesis may be of interest to those who don't own the Classic 33's, but doing them at 45 ruins the listening experience.

The Coltrane 2 track tapes aren't going to magically become any better.

Foreigner and Bad Company? Really? I guess someone must like them.

Sad. Fuck Chad.

1694619028555.png

1694619060452.png

item.png

Most of these titles have excellent 33 pressings readily available, and quite a few are in the 30 minute range.

The Genesis may be of interest to those who don't own the Classic 33's, but doing them at 45 ruins the listening experience.

Sad. Fuck Chad.
Your takes are sometimes a little hot for me, but I have to admit, this was basically my reaction, too. I thought most "audiophiles' had kind of moved on from 2x45RPMs. I sort of get it for excellently recorded jazz albums, but it seems like overkill for most of these albums. There's the Hootie and the Matchbox 20 that just musically aren't my thing, but even albums like STP's Purple, which I like, I don't feel any compulsion to buy a 2x45RPM. And the Velvet Underground? Sure it's a great album, but I'm skeptical they'll be able to improve the sound that much just by spreading it out over two discs; I imagine there are real limitations with those original tapes.

Sad. Fuck Chad.
This was sort of my impression as well. Not a lot of new ground being covered here. Lot's of those have excellent reissues not so long ago that are still available.
  • Most of the Mingus, Les McCann, and Dr. John titles are in print from Speakers Corner
  • Most of the Coltrane's where recently done by Kevin Gray and Bernie and in print (Rhino & ORG)
  • Mofi did the Foreigner, David Crosby, and CSN
  • VMP did Prine, Donny Hathaway, and Willie
  • AP has already done 45's of Dusty Springfield and Otis Blue
My guess is the label was only willing to give Chad licencing on 45rpm and not 33rpm. Also, 45rpm probably not the best format for Prog Rock like Yes and Genesis. Definitely feels like a money grab.

1694621222451.png

Back