Pre-Order Thread

Would love to know the mastering on the MC5s. My copies could definitely be improved.

The Chris Bellman Rhino of Kick Out The Jams is pretty decent, considering the source material is quite rough (and that I have a Rainbo version, which is not the case for the most recent reissues). Uncensored too. I don't know if they're always using the same cut, but I believe the recent Rhino's of this were Chris Bellman too. Is that what you have? I don't know how much more they can get out of this source material other than maybe it going through a better pressing plant.

The Chris Bellman Rhino of Kick Out The Jams is pretty decent, considering the source material is quite rough (and that I have a Rainbo version, which is not the case for the most recent reissues). Uncensored too. I don't know if they're always using the same cut, but I believe the recent Rhino's of this were Chris Bellman too. Is that what you have? I don't know how much more they can get out of this source material other than maybe it going through a better pressing plant.

Mine are all older than that. Random beaters from digging.

With Rhino you never know but they also like to re-use plates when possible. I have the 2018 coloured boxset. Sounds good but not earth shattering. Kick Out The Jams is a Bellman cut, but not the other 2

rhino rocktober titles announced!
The Band - The Last Waltz ($59.99)
Talking Heads - Naked (opaque purple) -$28.99)
Talking Heads - True Stories (translucent red) - $25.99
Talking Heads - Little Creatures (opaque sky blue) - $25.99
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks (olive) - $25.99
Foreigner - Foreigner (crystal clear) - $25.99
Yes - Yessingles (yellow/orange/black splatter) - $25.99
The Monkees - The Monkees' Greatest Hits (yellow flame) - $25.99
Portugal. The Man - Woodstock (crystal clear diamond) - $25.99
Fleetwood Mac - Mystery To Me (ocean blue) - $25.99
a-ha - Hunting High And Low (orange) - $25.99
MC5 - High Times (clear/yellow splatter) - $25.99
MC5 - Back In The USA (crystal clear) - $25.99
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (ultra clear/red splatter) - $25.99
Bad Company - Bad Company (crystal clear diamond) - $25.99
Bad Company - 10 From 6 (translucent milky clear) - $25.99
Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again [mono] (crystal clear) - $25.99
The Cars - Greatest Hits (translucent ruby red) - $25.99
ZZ Top - The Best of ZZ Top (translucent blue)- $25.99
Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You (2LP opaque sky blue) - $35.99
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (crystal clear diamond) - $25.99
Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You (crystal clear diamond) - $25.99
Grateful Dead - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY 3/9/81 - $124.99
So Rhino has those Talking Heads LPs for preorder. I assume it’s the same cut, would they release a black and color version at the same time? I don’t remember that happening with Rocktober titles

So Rhino has those Talking Heads LPs for preorder. I assume it’s the same cut, would they release a black and color version at the same time? I don’t remember that happening with Rocktober titles
Also for preorder here at somewhat discounted prices (I think this sale ends tomorrow).

Not sure. Wonder if there’s a mixup. Does Rhino have them for preorder or preorder at a shop somewhere?

Back in the USA, especially, is never going to sound great. I think I have a Sundazed version that's fine. I should finally pick up High Time...

Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire/Oh! The Grandeur (Turquoise Vinyl)

Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire

Oh! The Grandeur (Turquoise Vinyl)​

I know I'm moving soon but I don't know when. Best way to pre-order stuff?
Don’t pre-order. Take a record Buying break. Most of the stuff you would pre-order will be around once you get settled and even if it’s not you can just move on to the next thing.

If you absolutely have to, you could always order through your local record store and go pick them up directly once your settled.

Mail forwarding service always worked for me. Or just contact the label directly to update address when you know.

Don’t pre-order. Take a record Buying break. Most of the stuff you would pre-order will be around once you get settled and even if it’s not you can just move on to the next thing.

If you absolutely have to, you could always order through your local record store and go pick them up directly once your settled.

All great ideas. Thanks everyone

Screenshot_2023-09-03-21-00-40-69_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Back