Pre-Order Thread

pricing error? 4LP for $40?

i hope these are good, but as others have said:

and they are pressed at Third Man, who generally are not good.

ThirdMan should be state-of-art but I will admit I’ve had some great 3rd Man and some lesser not so great ones. Of course I’ve got a couple bad AS pressings also so fingers crossed.

FYI the Elvin Jones - Genesis is also an underrated 45rpm MM Reissue. I like it but def don’t need another. :).

ThirdMan should be state-of-art but I will admit I’ve had some great 3rd Man and some lesser not so great ones. Of course I’ve got a couple bad AS pressings also so fingers crossed.

FYI the Elvin Jones - Genesis is also an underrated 45rpm MM Reissue. I like it but def don’t need another. :).
TerdMan is a more appropriate nickname for them I think....nothing I have from them sounds AMAZING. I had a few vault purchases, then a bunch of wider releases. Lots of dirty pressings, lots of scratches and warps. the recent Sufjan was better but I think its because it was limited to 300 or something. They seem to be more like United to me than any other plant...every once in awhile you'd get something good from them but mostly inconsistent with quality.

And yea--that Elvin is real good. I have an OG otherwise I'd dip in for this one.

I think they did the pricing snafu on the pavement deluxe and had to cancel and refund everyone. They don't have their shit together very well from my experience.

Maybe not. That was the MSRP on these when they came out 15 years ago. But I thought they might be a little harder to come by now.

That's about what it went for originally.

I think I paid less than $30 for it on Amazon back in 2020.

Edit: I just checked, I paid $33.19 December 2019.

Animal Collective lmtd 12" single of Defeat. It's almost 22 min long and finally has a proper studio recording:

a 4 LP in 2023 for $40 seems cheap haha. How's the set/quality?

the book alone is almost worth it

a 4 LP in 2023 for $40 seems cheap haha. How's the set/quality?
I love it and if you are fan of SY you’ll appreciate some of the bonus material included. They’ve done extended boxes for Daydream Nation and Dirty too all three are worth grabbing for retail. SY does a great job on (pressing quality wise) with reissues in general.

I love it and if you are fan of SY you’ll appreciate some of the bonus material included. They’ve done extended boxes for Daydream Nation and Dirty too all three are worth grabbing for retail. SY does a great job with reissues in general.
i'm a casual fan i'd say? never got super into them but never really gave them a serious shot either.

i'm a casual fan i'd say? never got super into them but never really gave them a serious shot either.
They are fun and loud and Goo is my favorite album. You definitely don’t Need a 4xLP box set of an album by a band you’ve never fully explored but It’s likely always gonna be worth as much as you paid for it. So it’s not much of a risk if you feel up for exploring.

Back